Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I do find it interesting that Polaris stock doesn’t even hiccup when they have a ( now second) design flaw in a drive component that effects 30,000 + units. Toyota has a recall on a bad shape floor mat and stock’s definitely noticed. And that was curable with a razor knife. IMO in part because no matter how sub par the quality control is we keep throwing $$ at them. More of us need to hammer customer relations. Squeaky wheel. I’m sure many don’t agree with this statement. Many do though. To have to go threw a brand new 30k+ machine to make sure some simple assembly line stuff was secured is nonsense. Multiple stop rides in a year. I was one of the ones who bought a brand new rig only to be told I couldn’t pick it up due to a stop ride on the CVT. Groundhog Day it seems. I’m sure some fanboys will chime in and give examples of similar instances with other vehicles. Don’t get me wrong. I like Polaris. I’d just like them to do better. As I know they can.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I doubt they would sign off on it if they just handed you the parts unfortunately. I had this same issue on my 20 Pro and they found mine was affected so it sat at dealer for 2 weeks for parts then they replaced the primary. It had to due with the clutch alignment dots being off. Then it was the stitching on my 6 point harnesses so 2 stop rides right out of the gate back in 2020.
Yeah, I know what dealerships do, they'll not touch the machine nor will it ever be brought there. The whole situation is embarrassing. I guess the clutch is like every other part on a Polaris, pull it and upgrade to something that's actually capable.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Yeah, I know what dealerships do, they'll not touch the machine nor will it ever be brought there. The whole situation is embarrassing. I guess the clutch is like every other part on a Polaris, pull it and upgrade to something that's actually capable.
Find a different dealer. My dealer has been excellent with both my Rzr and X3.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I've not had an issue bad enough to use a warranty before (except when I was 19 and then what I found was my turning point, and I knew little about cars then), but I have fixed many vehicles screwed up by dealers. I've seen too much to let a tech touch it. Period.

·
Registered
2021 polaris turbo S 4 velocity blue
97 Posts
No update here either as well. First trip is this weekend as well. Shortened to a full day trip only not the weekend. My local dealer had “no idea about it” either but they’re thinking it’s another inspection. Sucks. I’m still hitting the desert as I didn’t get a lot of riding last year

·
Registered
19 rzr xp1000 ride command. 21 turbo s velocity.
240 Posts
Wow, 2 weeks and nothing Polaris?? Pretty ridiculous. Seems they were in a hurry to get us to stop driving them, but not so interested in getting us back on the road. Communication is the key people.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts