Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
i was reading through most of the threads in here and the big thread that has like 200 pages lol. You responded to that one as well. What route did you end up going?
Do you mean back when the first one happened?? My dealer pulled a primary off a new machine on the showroom that had a green light ( passable) one. And put it on mine to get me going. They had a set of guidelines for the first stop ride. Basically if a balancing hole was drilled too close to the slide weight tower. Or something like that. Then it was to be changed. However over the past couple years I’ve read of primary failures on ones that passed the initial stop ride guidelines. We shall see.

·
Registered
2021 polaris turbo S 4 velocity blue
97 Posts
I’m truly disappointed at this. Specifically because after reading a bunch threads, most through here it all point to polaris knowing it’s BEEN an issue and still no fix. So apart from buying an expensive sxs you have to fix their problems out of pocket. I get there’s is the upgrading, swapping out parts to modify and accessorize the machine to your own liking but to spend money to keep your machine driveable/and or peace of mind is downright insane. I’ve been satisfied with machine but I’m still shocked. I might just end up going aftermarket primary as this is what the second or third time there’s primary oem clutch issues now?

·
Registered
36 Posts
What happens if I just drive it then it comes apart? Will they still fix it? This is coming at a bad time as we start really riding in the fall. I just got both machines serviced, and set to go for this falls riding. 🤬
I’ve been told that Polaris gets a notification that you opened the email. They assume if you opened it, you read it. That being the case, if you operate the vehicle and something happens polaris is off the hook for damage costs and repairs. Polaris has found a problem and want to fix it. They don’t want you to operate the vehicle until there is a fix. Funny how all the recalls happen during riding season. It can’t happen when it’s hot as hell out and no one is out riding.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I’ve been told that Polaris gets a notification that you opened the email. They assume if you opened it, you read it. That being the case, if you operate the vehicle and something happens polaris is off the hook for damage costs and repairs. Polaris has found a problem and want to fix it. They don’t want you to operate the vehicle until there is a fix. Funny how all the recalls happen during riding season. It can’t happen when it’s hot as hell out and no one is out riding.
It's not "hotter than hell" in alot of the country,lol.

·
Registered
2021 Turbo S4 onyx black
169 Posts
Here's my fix for reading the email if my stuff breaks when out riding.
"The weirdest thing happened polaris. When I went to put it on the trailer to take it to the dealer you told me to take it to for repair, the damn thing exploded. Just like one of the reasons that you gave they fail low speed high rpm"

Reactions: 21turbosjr and Mrhp

·
Registered
97 Posts
i doubt they know if we open it unless there’s a link you have to click on that can flag their servers. But for the steering wheel stop ride recall I got an email then about 2 weeks later for the letter in the mail too haha. So I guess on their end it’s like well we sent an email AND a letter.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have literally about 5 trips coming up from sep-Nov. either I ride it hope all is well or bite the bullet and just get an aftermarket primary and be done and not worry being out that it could possibly give out on me.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
i doubt they know if we open it unless there’s a link you have to click on that can flag their servers. But for the steering wheel stop ride recall I got an email then about 2 weeks later for the letter in the mail too haha. So I guess on their end it’s like well we sent an email AND a letter.
They, and anyone using the appropriate software, can tell when you open an email. I’m speaking from experience.

Go to Constant Contact if you want to check it for yourself.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have a 2019 Turbo S XP4, I was doing some clutch maintenance and saw this on the Primary clutch, I don’t really know if it’s just the way it came out of the casting or if it’s going to turn into a big problem. What do you guys think
I have a 2019 XP4T and mine has identical lines coming from that same number…..except mine look like casting marks. I rubbed my finger across them and now they look dirty. I cleaned the with acetone and the line from the 5 looks like the line from the 7
Tire Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have literally about 5 trips coming up from sep-Nov. either I ride it hope all is well or bite the bullet and just get an aftermarket primary and be done and not worry being out that it could possibly give out on me.
That's exactly what I did months ago. I'm waiting to hear back from my dealer if they will cover/help with the cost now.

·
Registered
2021 xp turbo4
1,185 Posts
I feel like if there's no stop ride for the Pro xps also, then it has to do with the clutch tuning. I think mine is tuned properly, so I'm not too worried about it. Plus they don't even have a fix yet, so I'm definitely not parking it and waiting for that.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have a 2019 XP4T and mine has identical lines coming from that same number…..except mine look like casting marks. I rubbed my finger across them and now they look dirty. I cleaned the with acetone and the line from the 5 looks like the line from the 7 View attachment 705628 View attachment 705629
Wow really close to the same thing, yours look a little better. How many miles do you have? I’m at almost 5000 most pretty hard, fast desert.
Other than just noticing this on the primary my machine been rock solid, nothing else to complain about. Thanks for posting pictures.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Wow really close to the same thing, yours look a little better. How many miles do you have? I’m at almost 5000 most pretty hard, fast desert.
Other than just noticing this on the primary my machine been rock solid, nothing else to complain about. Thanks for posting pictures.
I have about 3000 miles. I’m taking mine into work on Friday for our NDI guy to do an “eddy current” inspection on it. That will say absolutely if it’s a crack or not.

·
Registered
2021, RZR XP Turbo 2-seater(when it ships...)
35 Posts
Speaking of the recalls and stop ride notices.. I have a 2021 xp turbo with both the the steering wheel notice and the clutch notice affecting my vehicle. Called my dealer probably 2 months ago when the steering wheel notice came in to get one ordered so it could be fixed.. still haven't heard that it has come in... how can they tell ya to stop riding if they don't have the damn parts to resolve the issues!?? 🤣 unreal. Also.. 3600 miles on the machine, basically all stock, no issues with the belt, clutches, or steering wheel. 🤘🏻

·
Registered
7 Posts
This one actually affects me... Never dealt with this before. I won't have any dealership/tech touch my machine, how do they deal with that?
I doubt they would sign off on it if they just handed you the parts unfortunately. I had this same issue on my 20 Pro and they found mine was affected so it sat at dealer for 2 weeks for parts then they replaced the primary. It had to due with the clutch alignment dots being off. Then it was the stitching on my 6 point harnesses so 2 stop rides right out of the gate back in 2020.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I doubt they would sign off on it if they just handed you the parts unfortunately. I had this same issue on my 20 Pro and they found mine was affected so it sat at dealer for 2 weeks for parts then they replaced the primary. It had to due with the clutch alignment dots being off. Then it was the stitching on my 6 point harnesses so 2 stop rides right out of the gate back in 2020.
One thing they did do was add 2 yrs of warranty to the new primary clutch for us who were affected.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts