Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes another. For the clutch! Sounds like the same wording as before.

Polaris Industries Inc. is issuing a Stop Ride notice to affected owners of Model Year 2021 RZR Turbo S and XP Turbo vehicles because we have determined that under certain operating conditions, some vehicles may have an increased risk of primary (drive) clutch failure. Certain primary clutch failures can cause debris and/or clutch components to be ejected from the clutch housing, posing a potential injury hazard to consumers. This condition typically occurs under high-load, low speed conditions (high boost vehicle launch, high RPM belt slip, launching with simultaneous brake and throttle application).

·
Registered
19 rzr xp1000 ride command. 21 turbo s velocity.
240 Posts
I just got done replacing the inner and outer clutch cover that got damaged from a blown up belt. Could this have caused my belt to explode? Will Polaris reimburse me for the repairs?

·
Registered
2021 polaris turbo S 4 velocity blue
97 Posts
I got this email today too! Shit man and I just got it back a couple weeks ago from the stop ride steering wheel recall. Haven’t even ridden it yet because it’s been hot as hell in so cal and now this. Dune season is creeping up too… sucks. Bulletin sounds like they don’t even have a fix this time as of now. So either I just ride it and hope for the best, have an expensive toy sitting around or go aftermarket like I did with the steering wheel.

Font Parallel Screenshot Electric blue Document

Font Parallel Screenshot Electric blue Document

·
Registered
2021 xp4 turbo. AA stage 2 tune 32" tires
256 Posts
Just saw this email aswell. "High boost vehicle launch, High RPM slip, launching with simultaneous brake and throttle application". So this is purely my opinion but it sounds like this isnt a structural integrity repair / improper manufacturing of the primary alloy. Also wouldn't every clutch fail while simultaneously applying throttle and brake? That would destroy a cvt system. I'm with @yamahaSHO I don't like bringing my machine to dealers. Feel like they may just be throwing in a different primary spring. I reclutched my primary and secondary already feel as though I solved belt slip issue already. So if it's not a integrity issue I'm not concerned

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It has all the same verbiage as the first one. Will be a massive waiting game for a shit ton of new primaries. Use the time to learn to play an instrument. Learn a new language. Go over the machine with a torque wrench.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I believe that this is a known issue in the aftermarket with belt slip causing excessive heat on the belt and sheaves leading to a failure. Hunterworks put out a video describing the issue and how it was somewhat addressed on the 'Pro' models and not the S and Turbo models using the same clutches. The fact that the Pro's are not mentioned in the recall and use the same clutches really leads me to believe that this may be the issue

·
Premium Member
2021 PXP4 Ultimate
802 Posts
I have a 2019 Turbo S XP4, I was doing some clutch maintenance and saw this on the Primary clutch, I don’t really know if it’s just the way it came out of the casting or if it’s going to turn into a big problem. What do you guys think
It’s tough to tell if that’s a manufacturing defect or a stress crack that’s propagating. It hasn’t blown up yet, but man that would make me nervous! I think I’m going to check mine over real good.

·
Registered
2021 polaris turbo S 4 velocity blue
97 Posts
It has all the same verbiage as the first one. Will be a massive waiting game for a shit ton of new primaries. Use the time to learn to play an instrument. Learn a new language. Go over the machine with a torque wrench.
i was reading through most of the threads in here and the big thread that has like 200 pages lol. You responded to that one as well. What route did you end up going?

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
I have a 2019 Turbo S XP4, I was doing some clutch maintenance and saw this on the Primary clutch, I don’t really know if it’s just the way it came out of the casting or if it’s going to turn into a big problem. What do you guys think
That looks like a crack and a failure waiting to happen . I'd replace it before riding on it anymore. If it blows up it will be extremely expensive .

·
Registered
139 Posts
That looks like a crack and a failure waiting to happen . I'd replace it before riding on it anymore. If it blows up it will be extremely expensive .
Yeah I’m going to the dealer today, going to show them the pictures also see what they say. I was thinking the same thing , looks like a stress crack to me also

·
Registered
19 rzr xp1000 ride command. 21 turbo s velocity.
240 Posts
What happens if I just drive it then it comes apart? Will they still fix it? This is coming at a bad time as we start really riding in the fall. I just got both machines serviced, and set to go for this falls riding. 🤬

·
Registered
2021 Turbo S4 onyx black
169 Posts
What happens if I just drive it then it comes apart? Will they still fix it? This is coming at a bad time as we start really riding in the fall. I just got both machines serviced, and set to go for this falls riding. 🤬
I would assume if it was under warranty still and failed it would still be covered. If it was out of warranty and failed its on you. I could be wrong.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts