·
Vendor
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
Just out of curiosity , where at in the shift phase would that worn area be effected ? Full shift out, mid range etc ? What exactly does that worn area cause , the sheaves to cock, misalign ?

That pictured secondary looks bad, my own after 500 miles when I switched to the rollers had some wear but was able to smooth that surface out. If say, I was out of flat by a thousand or two would that effect anything ? The rollers work, they haven't flat spotted.

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
The tough decision is knowing the secondary needs to be replaced and spending the roughly $400 for the OEM or a few hundred more for an STM which opens up a whole new can of worms.

Unless adding the rollers right from the start , eliminates any wear. Although I'm still willing to bet the performance of the STM is superior to the OEM. Although more upkeep.

·
Vendor
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The tough decision is knowing the secondary needs to be replaced and spending the roughly $400 for the OEM or a few hundred more for an STM which opens up a whole new can of worms.

Unless adding the rollers right from the start , eliminates any wear. Although I'm still willing to bet the performance of the STM is superior to the OEM. Although more upkeep.

Adding them day one stops it, I am not convinced of STM being any more reliable than OEM in most cases but that is an opinion

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
There is the possibility that the wear I had in my secondary is much more than I thought, and I've been chasing all kinds of other things when this could be the culprit. Although, after a summer of playing around with it, everything has pointed to the secondary.
And your point about the STM is one of the reasons why it is a hard decision. Some say it is the greatest others don't.

·
Vendor
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is the possibility that the wear I had in my secondary is much more than I thought, and I've been chasing all kinds of other things when this could be the culprit. Although, after a summer of playing around with it, everything has pointed to the secondary.
And your point about the STM is one of the reasons why it is a hard decision. Some say it is the greatest others don't.
If I really thought it was I would be a dealer but again just an opinion

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
If I really thought it was I would be a dealer but again just an opinion
Just was on your site. Are you out of the '16 and up secondary ? I see '14/15's and like their price much better...too bad they won't fit

·
Registered
192 Posts
Chuck your secondary looks great. My secondary looked alot worse than that at 700 miles, I ordered a set of rollers from Todd and I now have about 1700 miles.

·
Vendor
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I only see a small amount of wear before the rollers were installed but nothing that should be causing you an issue.

Question, you didn't use our rollers on the helix side did you?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts