Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Started installing my K&T kit on the RZR4 this morning..gonna take me a couple of days..I am kind of slow and methodic..
Thought I'd share the progress from day 1..Still have the fuel system,guages and clutching left to do..
Low compression pistons went in first..didn't take many pics of that process. I have a few but none would probably help anyone with the process sorry..
I can help with questions though..the circlips are a BIT6H! lol
On to the Kit..everything bolted right up...
Which was NICE..granted this is my first RZR turbo kit but i've done a few turbo builds on cars..and even the most expensive kits on the market reqiured at least a little prying/tweaking to get stuff to get tup. No such issues with this kit...
So far so good!!
Sorry about the cell phone pics..I'll try to take some higher quality pics tomorrow..

OH and a HUGE thanks to Rayce from K&T for answering all my 5 million dumb questions!
The instructions spell it out but I am one of those people that need a little extra reassurance that I am doing it right.:rofl3:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Highoctane I see you finally dropped the $$$$ and got the K&T kit you will love the power your 4 will have I have had mine out twice in the dunes and hammered it the whole time and it has been flawless Enjoy :ride:

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
Looks great, I have this kit on a 4 seater as well and is just what the dr. ordered. And good pictures cell phone or not.

Hey a little something I learned the 2 rails on the frame, if you leave the outsides (4) bolts attached the rails stay with the bed and it's much easier to put back on.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Everyone. I'm looking forward to having a little more power to play with.

Askin-Good tip, I'll try that. I just have the rails siting on the machine right now...so I can eyeball where to route a few wires.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Very nice, I can tell you take great care of your stuff. Looks sharp. Your going to love it!

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
She's ALIVE! Hope I don't jinx myself since it's only ran for a few minutes while checking for leaks.. but she fired right up..only thing non-standard I had to do to get her purring like a kitten was adjust the throttle cable..I guess my routing had it pulled tight and it was idleing at 2300 RPM. My first thought was a vacuum leak..thank goodness I thought to check the throttle cable freeplay before I started lookng for a vacuum leak that didn't exsist.:rofl3:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very nice, I can tell you take great care of your stuff. Looks sharp. Your going to love it!
I do..but honestly this one is brand new basically...MAYBE 50 hours on it. But it will look almost as clean when it has 500..my wife says I am the A word..,and not A-hole..although she calls me that too:rofl3:
I'm sure I will love it...I love it already and haven't even driven it..it's given me an excuse to spend a few days in the garage.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry I haven't posted any more pics yet...I've been too busy doing 300' pulls in the field out back lol..this thing is a freaking blast!!!!

I'll get some more pics up tonight.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Few more pics...

Fuel Regulator setup..mounts a little different on the 4..here's where I put mine.

Crappy pic of where the filter sits between the rear seats..(yes it was before the bed went on..test fitting)

Another..

Hopefully this weekend I'll find the time to take some real pictures..cell phone is just too easy lol.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Very clean Install. What is your boost set at?
Thanks.
On short pulls launching from a stop through about 200-250ft I was seeing 10..tonight I made my first top end pull and was seeing a solid 12 ...think I am going to back it down to 9-10 up top since I am running pump gas..not looking to get too greedy even with the low comp. pistons. But..I'm still learning my way around these ATV/UTV motors and what they can handle...I'm used to billet rodded built V-8 motors and 25+psi at 8000 rpms being a walk in the park...but I want to be conservitave with the RZR4..it's a family ride..it just needed some more a$$..and it definitely has some more now!

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Intercooler shroud..
Nice touch for the under bed intercooler for us trail riders...should keep those pesky sticks rocks and majority of the mud from getting slung up by the tire and into the intercooler/fan. Still looks like it allows for plenty of airflow..and might even improve cooling by forcing air to be pulled through the intercooler rather than around it.. much like a cooling fan shroud does.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
What the octan level you are runing?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts