Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a 09 "S" and the service manual states the belt is 3211130... I have read that this has been replaced with part # 3211133...Is this true??? Called my dealer and they said no..... So which one do I replace it with??? I know people use the EPI belt, but I am gonna just replace it with a Polaris OEM. Got 1200+ miles on this one before it shredded into a million pieces. Thanks for the help..:pint:

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
Not sure how big difference is between 3211130 and 3211133 in length or thickness, but they change secondary clutch in 2010 S for Team Rapid reaction type and probably needed new belt for it. Will be interesting to see them side by side, but I will stay with 30 or go with EPI just to avoid problems. IMHO
milos

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Does the EPI have any different feel to it?
Snappier, slower, quicker, more or less top end?

H

·
0 Posts
Ok..I'm sure there will be some bickering...but forget the aftermarket belts..stick with the OEM BELT!!!!
This is one of the few cases where I really have yet to be convinced the aftermarket,even the performance aftermarket has met the quality of OEM(which obvioulsy isn't actually Polaris), yet alone improved upon it..
JMO

BTW this forum is the only forum that I have seen people actually seriously suggest an aftermarket belt might be better than the Polaris OEM belt..strange..
Speaking from a little Polaris ATV experience(virtually identical clutches/belts) everyone that I know of that has tried an aftermarket belt...even the "state of the art" "best thing going" reverted to a Polaris belt...they just didn't hold up to the abuse like the OEM belt..best case I have heard was a belt that was the same price as OEM..and the review was it was about as good as OEM..guess what..probably was the OEM belt with another name on it.

Polaris doesn't make belts..EPI doesn't make belts...who you think buys more belts from the actual manufacturer?
Guess who else makes it a point to corner the market on consumables for it's machines? Who specs 2w-50 oil??
Get my drift?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts