Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all. first off glad to be here. be more glad when i buy a new rzr! going to be getting a new 2013 orange and white 800s. went last night and got the price with the accessories ran the credit check and all that crap. one question i have is the 5yr extended warranty. is it worth it for $1300?! i mean im going to be payin $15,941 for the S and thats without the warranty! and i know alot of the warranty companies are a down right pain in thee ass. for $15,941 i think im getting the shaft. thats with the sport roof, full windshield, and warn winch and me putting the accessories on and taxes included. whats your thoughts? any input would be fantastic

G

·
Welcome FNG :) my thoughts are if you think you are getting the shaft don't go through with it until you are happy with the deal..whether that be because people here convince you that you are getting a good deal or because you negotiate/find a better deal. I'm not saying your deal is good or bad..not analyzing it all..just saying if you buy it and in the back of your mind feel like you got hosed on the deal it will detract from how much fun these machines can be. Good luck, im sure you'll get some feedback soon on pricing. :) welcome to the madness.

·
Premium Member
8,864 Posts
Welcome to the Addiction!!!(R)

GET the warranty!!!

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
First of all if you buy your accessories from the vendors on the forum you will save a lot of money especially the warrantee . I have learned a lot since I have been on here

·
Premium Member
7,983 Posts
Just paid 800 for my 5yr warranty on new xp. If your willing to drive some you can save alot. shop around. Dealers around me wont deal either so a little roadtrip and saved over 2k.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks everyone. and yeah you did make a good point for sure highoctane. thats the reason why i didnt come home with one. well that and they had the orange and blue one that i wasnt crazy about and i didnt think i got a good deal. they were giving me the winch at their cost which was $449 and 10% off of accessories and selling me the rzr for $13,700. and not to mention my uncle is buying a new ranger too when i get my rzr so we can get a good deal so you would think they would give me a so called "smoking deal". its definetly not my first time buying new. i used to have 2 ltr450's that i mx raced and i bought both of them through this dealership. i have talked to 2 other dealerships and they are supposed to call me back tomorrow. the only thing is that i will have to wait to get the rzr cause no other dealership around has one so i will have to order one and im impatient as hell!

·
Premium Member
41,099 Posts
Welcome CHUB... There stroking you on the extended agreement... $715.00 thru one vendor here on the forum who owns a dealership and isn't counting crumbs like some of the less fortunate dealers are...

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
here we go again...........

dealerships are struggling to keep their doors open and have to compete with people selling stuff literally out of their carport.
No brick and mortar. Little overhead. No insurance. No employees.
But wait till you need service on your RZR.

I watch my dealer counting breadcrumbs at the end of the day.
So what if they have some margin on the RZR sale.
So what if they make a few hundred on a warranty.
Always an awkward subject.

yesterday I ordered a steering rack assy. got it at my dealer. Not on-line. Got a good guy discount. Both sides happy.
We have a dealership here in Michigan that a few years back another dealership had someone burn them down . The guy that set the fire and the owner that paid him went to prison. The reason he was successfully was his great prices and good service.if more dealers did this they would have more success instead of trying to make it all off of few customers This dealer is very successful JMO

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
first thing i have absolutely no problem at all paying a few bucks extra. i do realize they need to make a dime too but dealerships make way more money off of their used inventory then new. but i do have a problem getting bent over and dry humped. im just going to order the orange and white one tomorrow and shop around for the warranty. let me know the guys on here and i will look them up.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Send Fixmytoys in the venders list a PM I am sure he can save you several hundred dollars on the warrantee their are also a few others also. Or post that you need one . The money you save you can buy more and more accessories it never ends.

G

·
What in the heck are you talking about
? This is about a Polaris machine and OEM parts...Polaris doesn't take on carport dealers. Those that sell OEM parts on the Internet have a dealership as well or one that supplies them the parts. If you feel bad for your dealer and they aren't happy with sales tell them to start selling via the Internet. For example..fixmytoys=Ball Equipment..google them..no carport ..
here we go again.....
dealerships are struggling to keep their doors open and have to compete with people selling stuff literally out of their carport.
No brick and mortar. Little overhead. No insurance. No employees.
But wait till you need service on your RZR.

I watch my dealer counting breadcrumbs at the end of the day.
So what if they have some margin on the RZR sale.
So what if they make a few hundred on a warranty.
Always an awkward subject.

yesterday I ordered a steering rack assy. got it at my dealer. Not on-line. Got a good guy discount. Both sides happy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
welp......called the dealership today and told them to get me the white and orange one and of course they cant find one anywhere and the ones they did find the other dealerships wont give them up...... and if i order one i might not get it till december! unless i can find one at another dealership..... this sucks!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts