Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
For what it's worth, the guys at SLP are great with clutching. I'm lucky, their just a few minutes from my house. Great customer service.
But to be completely honest, I'd send your clutches to Todd at hunter works. He is the one on here regularly helping all of us and I think his knowledge goes way beyond SLP when it comes to RZRs. SLP is king in the sled world, RZRs are a secondary for them.
Just my opinion.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Todd @ hunterworks is the man when it comes to utv clutch systems. I use to race with him back in the rhino days when he first got into the utv game . He is just as helpful in person as he is on the forums . he spends hours and hours talking on phone,emails ,texts and on forums doing alot to help folks out . All of which i know generates business but i can tell ya its peanuts compared to the time invested . Send em to Todd.
Good luck

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
So have you checked the alignment between the transmission and motor?
Many times. I bought the SLP tool just for that which I then used after I installed the gear reduction kit. So unless I'm using it wrong I know they are aligned properly.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Sorry, forgot all about this thread but yes I have some updates for you.
So, the SDI tool works great and I did initially find my alignment was off I very small amount and adjusting it didn't really do much as it was out so little.
Since then however, I've installed a ACE 325 gear reduction kit and the tool was invaluable for getting it all put back together. After doing the gear reduction I was still not thrilled and things still seemed off to me, so I was talked into trying a Bikeman Perf clutch kit. I just finished getting it installed and tuned to my liking and at this point I think I've got it nailed down.
I've only shaved a couple seconds off my 0-60 but the real improvement is in the 0-40 plus my crawl ratio feels much better. Taking it out tomorrow to give it all a whirl and see how it does.....

·
Registered
176 Posts
Good to hear. I had my engine out and used the sdi tool along with their locking plate. Worked well. Glad you got it sorted out. Happy trails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Report from yesterdays ride not as posative as I was hoping.. Had a couple instances where I got the 65590 7 65591 7 error which relates to misfire or belt slip..
Both times it happened when I was running WOT I also need to need to adjust the clutching to engage at lower RPM for slow crawling stuff... Otherwise it was great.. We also recently put some PRP seats in it and man those are fantastic, also did the harness's which are great for safety but they are a pain getting in and out..

21 - 29 of 29 Posts