Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Yes, I know where we are?
Probably went back to tractor hytran fluid like they recommended a few years ago (their exclusive formula of course).
This will make at least the third change since then. If their stuff is so good why do they keep changing it?

Registered
Motul 4T 7100 10w50 100% Synthetic inthe engine, Motul Gear 300 75w90 100% Synthetic in thr transmission and Motul 100% Synthetic ATF in the front differential.
I feel that if its good enough for the Dakar it should be ok for me cruising around. (y):p:p

Registered
While that is probably true, when I had my Ranger 6x6 I ran Polaris AGL, rebuilt the transmission and starting running 20% Lucas synthetic additive mixed with the AGL. I tore the transmission apart the following winter and there was less wear on a couple of the internal parts, mainly a thrust button. I think fluid is fluid to an extent, but some definitely are better than others. After personally seeing the difference it made in the 6x6, I started running it at 20% in my RZR transmission from the day I brought it home. The turbo transmission I鈥檓 installing will get Mobile 1 75-90.

My personal belief is that AGL is to thin.

Aspiring Perfectionist
I swear people overthink this way too much. I would wager your best bet is that you just change the fluids regularly. Nobody has had a failure from running OEM or a reputable brand on the recommended schedule.

My thoughts exactly. With fluids that meet the correct specifications anyway.

You won't see me running the same fluid in my rear gearcase and front diff tho.

Registered
I'm skeptical but I do believe amsoil cares alot about their reputation. I was running 75w-90 severe gear in the rear and the amsoil front drive fluid in the hillard front diff. I will probably stick with the severe gear because of my use case (racing) and use the new fluid in the front when my supply of the diff specific fluid is depleted.

Registered
AMSOIL has done extensive competitive testing on these Polaris fluids. Polaris AGL and Polaris Demand Drive Fluid tested very similar. The findings indicate the Polaris AGL, even though it's used in the gear-case; is not a traditional gear lube. It's a version of transmission/hydraulic oil.

ATV/UTV Lubes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts