Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Yes, I know where we are?
494 Posts
Probably went back to tractor hytran fluid like they recommended a few years ago (their exclusive formula of course).
This will make at least the third change since then. If their stuff is so good why do they keep changing it?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Motul 4T 7100 10w50 100% Synthetic inthe engine, Motul Gear 300 75w90 100% Synthetic in thr transmission and Motul 100% Synthetic ATF in the front differential.
I feel that if its good enough for the Dakar it should be ok for me cruising around. (y):p:p

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
While that is probably true, when I had my Ranger 6x6 I ran Polaris AGL, rebuilt the transmission and starting running 20% Lucas synthetic additive mixed with the AGL. I tore the transmission apart the following winter and there was less wear on a couple of the internal parts, mainly a thrust button. I think fluid is fluid to an extent, but some definitely are better than others. After personally seeing the difference it made in the 6x6, I started running it at 20% in my RZR transmission from the day I brought it home. The turbo transmission I’m installing will get Mobile 1 75-90.

My personal belief is that AGL is to thin.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
5,713 Posts
I swear people overthink this way too much. I would wager your best bet is that you just change the fluids regularly. Nobody has had a failure from running OEM or a reputable brand on the recommended schedule.

My thoughts exactly. With fluids that meet the correct specifications anyway.

You won't see me running the same fluid in my rear gearcase and front diff tho.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm skeptical but I do believe amsoil cares alot about their reputation. I was running 75w-90 severe gear in the rear and the amsoil front drive fluid in the hillard front diff. I will probably stick with the severe gear because of my use case (racing) and use the new fluid in the front when my supply of the diff specific fluid is depleted.

·
Registered
332 Posts
AMSOIL has done extensive competitive testing on these Polaris fluids. Polaris AGL and Polaris Demand Drive Fluid tested very similar. The findings indicate the Polaris AGL, even though it's used in the gear-case; is not a traditional gear lube. It's a version of transmission/hydraulic oil.

ATV/UTV Lubes

·
Wolfhound
189 Posts
Uh, nope, not for me if it has amsoiled attached

·
Registered
43 Posts
What's the latest word on this Amsoil Powertrain product (AUPT)? Any reports? I'm mainly concerned about its suitability for a rear transaxle (unified transmission and final drive). Amsoil recommends it for this application in some machines.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I would just run their severe gear 75w-90 in the rear. For the front I run a j20c from tractor supply as recommended by the manufacturer (Hilliard).

I’ve ran these for two seasons of racing (changed regularly) and works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would just run their severe gear 75w-90 in the rear. For the front I run a j20c from tractor supply as recommended by the manufacturer (Hilliard).
Thanks for your recommendation. Do you think this AUPT product is too thin?

I've understood that GL-5 gear oils can harm yellow metals like brass and copper. May I assume there are no yellow metal compatibility issues posed by running GL-5 gear oil in these transaxles? Also, I was concerned that the 75W-90 may be a bit thick for a chain reverse (could potentially harm the chain).

The other thing I'm concerned about is seal compatibility and/or seal swelling issues that may arise when using aftermarket products. Are the seals in these units pretty robust?

For the front I run a j20c from tractor supply as recommended by the manufacturer (Hilliard).
I've seen J20D (John Deere low viscosity Hygard) recommended for this application. I thought regular Hygard (J20C) could potentially cause the front drive to engage on its own. However, sounds like the J20C works too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts