Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dan and Christy
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have spent a few hours over the last few weekends putting in a stereo system that I am exceptionally proud of. All the components are Wet Sounds. Those of you in the boating world recognize Wet Sounds as the premier marine audio company hands down. I contacted Tim, the owner of WS, and asked when they were going to join the SxS community. After a few more conversations I purchased:
2 front pods with 6 1/2" speakers
2 rear pods with 6 1/2" speakers
1 10" sub with under dash enclosure
1 WS 420 - Line driver/equalizer
2 Syn Micro 250 watt continuous amps
The instructions were right on. I tried as long as I could to not take the front clip off(even though it shows to in the instructions) but eventually did. This made the entire installation much easier and allowed for a much cleaner final product. The system is not a simple two wire install like some of the systems on the market. This is a crazy high quality, well thought out system. The pods are all molded to fit tight to the body plastics. I would be glad to show anyone the system in person as the pictures cannot do it justice. The volume and clarity are great! The mounting positions of the speakers provide great sound for the driver and passenger as well as project the sound out so you can easily provide the music for a big crowd(think comp at Dumont during the drags). Here are a few pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Looks a lot like SSV works when it comes to the pod enclosures. By the looks of that control panel on the driver's side it must be pretty fun to make it sound exactly how you want it.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
wet sounds is no joke! I have them on my boat and they sick! nice set up!

·
Registered
559 Posts
nice job on the install looks great

·
Registered
2 Posts
how waterproof could system be? prob not suggest it?
All the speakers are true marine grade. We go above and beyond the typical marine grade as well in the way we build our products. Rubber surrounds thermoformed to composite cones, rubber spiders, rubber boots over the magnets, tweeters mounted on the grille so a true component style coax so the woofer is sealed with no worries of water down a pole piece like a typical coax, the subs have rubber spiders and rubber surrounds thermoformed to the composite cones etc..

I could go on and on. The end result is speakers that are very water resistant. As for the amps. Our amps are also full marine grade so conformal coated boards, stainless steel hardware and top plates with aluminum heat sink.

So in this set up. The amps will be fine. However. Even with a marine grade amp. It is still electronics. So soaking an amp is not a good idea. Marine amps will take the occasional splash and moisture in the air where a conventional car audio amp doesn’t like any moisture at all.

The speakers can take some serious abuse. We have installs in the transoms of boats mounted on the outside.

Tim
Wet Sounds

1 - 12 of 12 Posts