Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've been tossing around the idea of selling my k&t air to air kit to upgrade to the air to water kit. What do you guys think ? Reason for doing this is i've been tossing around the idea of turning up the boost to say 18 to 20 psi and leaving it. Not that the air to air isn't capable I just think that the air to water may keep things a little cooler and more stable. Plus I think the air to water leaves a little more room under the bed for working on things. All opinions welcome, Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
What boost do you run regularly now, and what is required to run said level of boost? Personally curious, as I am installing a Bikeman Performance air to water kit now and am still a little confused as to what kind of boost levels I can RELIABLY run on a) pump gas, b) half and half - race/pump, and c) race gas. I have pistons, studs, valve springs, billet throttle body mount, just no rods (yet). That said, air to water will be more consistent, has less pressure drop across the intercooler, and shouldn't heat soak. I'd certainly think it would be advantageous as boost levels rise. I went air to water to have the headroom to search for more if 10-12psi failed to excite later down the road.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Currently I'm running 10 pounds on pump gas and 15 on race gas. Rayce from k&t said I should be able to run 12 pounds on pump gas once I have my ecm reflashed to take out a little timing and 18 pounds on good quality race gas like c16 or the like. I just worry that 18 pounds will be alot to ask of an underbed intercooler for long duration. I've been using sunoco 260 gt plus unleaded race gas so far with good luck but I think the leaded stuff would be better but I don't feel like changing o2 sensors all the time. Thats all with 9.5 pistons.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it were me I'd be asking K&T your questions... They have the answers that count... Not opinions...

JMHA
Agreed. I just dont like to bug them guys every time I have a question. I did talk to Rayce about it some awhile back and as always he was completely helpful. I still cant believe the cusomer support i've gotten from these guys it alone has been worth the price of admission imo.

·
Premium Member
41,101 Posts
If it were me I'd be asking K&T your questions... They have the answers that count... Not opinions...

JMHA
Agreed. I just dont like to bug them guys every time I have a question. I did talk to Rayce about it some awhile back and as always he was completely helpful. I still cant believe the cusomer support i've gotten from these guys it alone has been worth the price of admission imo.

I can tell you they'd be the first to say it's no bother... Get the facts from Rayce...

·
Registered
49 Posts
I build my own stuff, with info provided by those with real world experiance, and expand my knowledge base. Old school, I know.......

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I build my own stuff, with info provided by those with real world experiance, and expand my knowledge base. Old school, I know.......
I'm the same way. Kind of the reason for this post I was hoping to hear from someone running high boost on either kit so I could get some feedback from someone with more run time on their car than I have.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts