Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. I was working on my alignment yesterday, doing it how the book says to do it. They part that is blowing my mind is when I roll my marks to the back at the specified height, I again roll the marks back to the front at the specified height, the measurement is different thatn the first time. I did this several time, and everytime the measurements were different without me making any adjustments. WTF?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Have you checked for play in tie rod ends? Also check for proper torque (80 ft.lbs) on front hubs.

Da Blue Toad :redrzr:

·
Registered
606 Posts
Have you checked for play in tie rod ends? Also check for proper torque (80 ft.lbs) on front hubs.

Da Blue Toad :redrzr:

·
Registered
183 Posts
I just did mine today after having the whole front suspension and arms off of it. I have aligned several by the string method and all have worked out great. All of these things have or get play in everything pretty quick.
Drive it forward in a straight line for at least 6 feet. Tie a construction string line to the safety chain hole at the rear hitch. Wrap the string around the RZR at hub center height. Stretch as you go and tie it to the other hole in the hitch. Center the steering wheel and adjust the tie rods until the rear of the front tires bearly clear the string. Check the steering wheel often to make sure it stays straight and check both tires again after snugging up the lock nuts. Remove string. It will change if you back it up do to slack going in another direction. That is why you drive it at least 6 feet forward and straight since that is how it will be running most of the time.
Then ride and enjoy.

·
Banned
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will try the string method....This thing has gotten me beyond pissed lol... I had to walk away from it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts