Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

AIRAID Intake System For 2011-2012 Polaris Ranger RZR 900 XP Features :

* Power Curve Premium Air Filter : Unique Power Curve Design un shrouds factory velocity stacks, allowing for dramatic air flow increase.

* Intake Snorkel Attachment : Relocates The Inlet Out Of The Dust Cloud, Allows For Much Cleaner Cooler Air

* CVT Transmission Snorkel Attachment : Relocates Inlet Out Of Dust Cloud, Allows For Much Cleaner Air To The CVT

* Pre-Filter : Oversized Premium Foam Pre-Filter Stops Significantly More Dirt

* All AIRAID Intake Systems Are : Made in the U.S.A, Include High Quality Hardware, And Comes With Easy To Follow Step By Step Installation Instructions.

* All AIRAID Filters Include Our : Lifetime "No-Hassle" Warranty

* AIRAID / PJ's Performance : Designed, Developed and Tested by PJ Jones

* AIRAID Intake Part # 883-300 (Complete Kit W/ Snorkels & Power Curve Air Filter) Fit's 2011-2012 Polaris Ranger RZR 900 XP.

·
Registered
414 Posts
That seems to be a question anyone who sells this kit dodges. So I woukdnt expect a answer, cus I'm guessing the answer is nothing. Id love to be proven wrong tho

·
Registered
414 Posts
I think it's geared more towards dunners

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
where is the CVT trans outlet pipe?
......................??????????????
That seems to be a question anyone who sells this kit dodges. So I woukdnt expect a answer, cus I'm guessing the answer is nothing. Id love to be proven wrong tho
mmm.... what a shame, because i really like the clean design of this snorkel... and was planning to buy it.
Gentleman,

You asked a question last Friday night @ 8PM, outside of business hours. I was working a show all weekend and did not have a chance to respond. No one is dodging any questions.

The CVT Snorkel on our kit is primarily designed to get clean fresh air and keep it out of the dust clouds. IT is NOT designed for deep water forging.

I hope that clear up any confusion on the subject.

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
475 Posts
thanks a lot david... i really support yoir products, used to have one kit in my charger srt-8.

anyhow i do not do dunes so this kit is not for me. however is a very good one!

·
Registered
414 Posts
I didnt mean to dis and I wasn't talking about you in this thread. Just noticed it on a few other ones. Glad it's clarified tho. If you guys every made a water kit half as good as this one you'd sell alot

·
Registered
475 Posts
i agree or at least you can sell me just the tubes that go from the grille to the up.

I did mean to dis and I wasn't talking about you in this thread. Just noticed it on a few other ones. Glad it's clarified tho. If you guys every made a water kit half as good as this one you'd sell alot

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks a lot david... i really support yoir products, used to have one kit in my charger srt-8.

anyhow i do not do dunes so this kit is not for me. however is a very good one!
Hello INMORALISTA,

The Charger SRT8, Very cool car, I had a 2006 SRT8.

I didnt mean to dis and I wasn't talking about you in this thread. Just noticed it on a few other ones. Glad it's clarified tho. If you guys every made a water kit half as good as this one you'd sell alot
Hello Sasq40,

Here is some more information with issues when venting the CVT.

Part of the design has to do with the melting issue talked about in this thread here : http://www.rzrforums.net/rzr-xp-900/43746-melting-issues-safe-snorkel-xp.html

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
12 Posts
i ordered them already, guy said it will keep the water out of the intake, plus mine always get plugged with mud everytime i ride it. better airflow too.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
The CVT exhaust is pretty high up from the factory. You will be chest deep in water before water gets in there.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Guys We put one on our Project XP for JtsRideBlog.com and QuadTrips.com's The kit is amazing!. I mean really it is built top notch and well thought out plus it give a real mean look. When riding out west and even here on the east with tons of dust having the intakes scoop from the rear really reduces the amount of dirt your taking into the filter. I am not in anyway affiliated with them but I personally really like this product. - JT

·
Registered
380 Posts
Guys We put one on our Project XP for JtsRideBlog.com and QuadTrips.com's The kit is amazing!. I mean really it is built top notch and well thought out plus it give a real mean look. When riding out west and even here on the east with tons of dust having the intakes scoop from the rear really reduces the amount of dirt your taking into the filter. I am not in anyway affiliated with them but I personally really like this product. - JT
The quality of the kit is great! The fit and install goes easily if you have any mechanical skills at all. Looks mean as anything. The ONLY problem is I would like them to advertise that it WILL NOT FIT if you have installed the factory rear frame extension unless you modify. They designed it without the frame extension in mind. They could easily fix this by making a spacer to move the base piece out so it will clear the bar or mold another base where the pipe going up is further out. I you don't have the rear frame extension and don't go up to your eyebrows in mud or water, this is a great kit!:rofl3:

·
Registered
380 Posts
The kit is a bit pricey like everyone else.... around $500, but I bought mine in a package deal on Ebay with Looney Tuned Exhaust ( amazing exhaust!) a Looney Tuned Tuner, and the Airaid snorkel kit for around $1399. That makes the snorkel kit around $300. This kit is made to get fresher/cleaner air to the engine and not made for deep water or mud without mods. It snorkels both the engine and the belt drive but does not do anything with your vent lines!! The 900's vent lines are good to seat deep water, that's it. If you do deep water or mud, you need to extend all of your vent lines. The Airaid filter is a great filter, imo, better than K&N. it has extra fibers to keep out more of the bad stuff. Make sure when you install it that the airbox is sealed properly. The 900 airbox is known for having issues with sealing. I installed the Airaid and have had no problems. Recheck ALL of your clamps on all of the hoses too. If you have installed a factory rear frame extension you will have to mod the snorkels some to get around the frame extension. I cut the bottom assembly and turned the piece slightly to redirect the pipe and bought two 45 degree silicone hoses and it worked well. I'll post pics when I get a chance. The snorkels are well made and look mean as hell!!:ride: They claim a little gain but not as much as removing the big airbox.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts