Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I justed pulled out my Air Raid drop in filter for the first time to clean it and saw how clean my air box was. Every filter that i have had in the xp has always had sand pass the filter.

My hat is off to Air Raid and there badass airfilter.
Just my 2 cents....

G

·
Im in the process of my own unscientific experiment..I ran the stock filters with weather stripping added to the seal for a long time and never saw anything on the clean side. Switched to the Airaid and also didn't SEE any particle in the clean side..but I happened to run my fingers in the air horns..and FELT fine grit. I cleaned the airbox and put the stock filter back in and plan to re-check it after the next dusty ride to see if I can FEEL anything. I won't be suprised if I do..just need to confirm it for peace of mind before I run the Airaid again. I've never been a fan of any cleanable filter for a dusty enviroment but I was impressed with the Airaid's filtering.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I always found dirt/ dust on the inside of the air horns with the stock filters. When i Pulled the Air Raid out the horns were clean.

G

·
I always found dirt/ dust on the inside of the air horns with the stock filters. When i Pulled the Air Raid out the horns were clean.
Good to know, I know I was more thorough in my inspection after running the Airaid. Like I said never any visible particles with either..Also I would make a seal out of weather stripping for the stock filters..might be why I never have had any visible particles with it. The Airaid seal is much better.

G

·
You got my curiosity up..so even though I haven't ridden any real dusty rides lately I did put some miles on the stock filter yesterday..do I pulled it and the clean side and horns LOOK clean..But there is particles in the horns that I can feel..and it's more particles than there was after running the Airaid..I must say I'm suprised that there is more particles. Wow

·
Registered
196 Posts
Did the world come to an end this morning and Steven is doing some preventive maintenance......I can't believe he cleaned his filter.....

·
Registered
349 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did the world come to an end this morning and Steven is doing some preventive maintenance......I can't believe he cleaned his filter.....
Dave it has been over 1000 miles since I had put that Air Raid in the xp. This was the first time I had pulled it out to check and clean it.:redrzr:

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Pulled my airaid out today after 40 miles of dusty riding.. It looked like mud...Fine dust settled on inside of box and in air horns. Just real lite but its there. Anyways aint using that again. It worked good until this week, but I was leading those rides prior. Back to stockers for me. I will run stock for a while again and see if the lite dusting builds back up. Who knows maybe today I was being way more thorough in the box.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Pulled my airaid out today after 40 miles of dusty riding.. It looked like mud...Fine dust settled on inside of box and in air horns. Just real lite but its there. Anyways aint using that again. It worked good until this week, but I was leading those rides prior. Back to stockers for me. I will run stock for a while again and see if the lite dusting builds back up. Who knows maybe today I was being way more thorough in the box.
Been there done that, I personaly think the stock paper filter is by far better in any sand or desert riding enviroment, the trick is to keep the pre filter on the side clean and oiled, I also got some 1/4 inch weather stripping from home depot and lined both sides of the filter box.. Just my $0.02

·
Registered
479 Posts
Have not cleaned mine as of yet but will be doing so later today. I'll let ya know what I find. I'm running stock. I would like to go to a K & N, Uni, or Air Raid. I have 2 rides on mine and have been in some pretty dusty situations, so it will be interesting to see

·
Registered
234 Posts
I too checked my stock filter for the first time and I had some grit. I had never checked or greased mine before. I may go with Alba's setup just for this reason.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts