Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best air psi to run in the rzr 4 for normal trail rideing ? i have 11 psi now and the dealer says 14. what do yall run for normal trail rideing ?

H

·
0 Posts
I have a air compressor and I vary tire pressure depending on where I am riding. 10 front 12 rear for "normal" trail riding..If I need more traction.. I air down..If I want more speed I air up. Tire pressure is a personal preference for the most part.
Just know how to reseat a bead if you like to air way down.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went from 11.5 in the frount and 12 in the back to 14 all the way around and it does seeem like a harder ride already.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Just run about 6-8 psi and you will be fine under normal terrain. Anything more is not needed as 14 lbs is way to much..like he said above it makes a stiffer ride..

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when i had 11 in the frount the tires really looked low and not right.does anyone else run 14 in thier tires ?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Just run about 6-8 psi and you will be fine under normal terrain. Anything more is not needed as 14 lbs is way to much..like he said above it makes a stiffer ride..
X10
I would never think about running more than 8 lbs.

H

·
0 Posts
X10
I would never think about running more than 8 lbs.
You have to consider the vehicles weight as well...the 4 that widwoody is talking about here is quiet a bit heavier than a 2 seater,~300 #, then add 4 bodies and it can definiely use a little more tire pressure..the recommended pressure in the manual is 10 front 12 rear..on the RZR4 6-8 is fine for slow speeds but is not enough for rides with any speed IMO,to much sidewall roll. There really is not a one pressure fits all IMo.

Woody I would say run the pressure that YOU like...14 would be a little hard for me personally but you should be ok with that pressure on the 4...just remember the tire will be more susceptible to damage if you hit something hard..and traction will be reduced. On smooth fast trails 14 would probably be fine and result in less rolling resistance(ie less parasitic power loss)

·
Boozin' and Crusin'
324 Posts
6lbs for me with the crappy stock tires. More than that and im pushing the front end in the loose stuff.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Woody, I think I'm running at 10 and 8 respectively. I usually have two adults and two kids. I'll double check pressure that when I get out there this weekend and let you know.

Curious to see if the plug I used in the L rear has held up. I ran out of glue when I plugged a flat so I used spare in a can. :rollfinger:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts