Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2018 turbo XP S. Should I replace the air filter with after market one? If so what’s good out there?

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
No,, factory filter is quality,, when it comes time to replace, you can get the Donaldson Filter Kit from Polaris

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
3,412 Posts
The Donaldson filters are excellent filters, but I also switch to the Desertcraft filter to be able to wash / reuse it, it seems to be an excellent filter as well, haven't seen anything get past it yet.

·
Registered
284 Posts
l put an SB Particle separator on my new machine. Cleaning and changing air filters is a pain and expensive and this really cuts down on it. Check some of the forum posts here on it, l did and couldn’t be happier with my purchase.
I only have 650 mi. on the machine after riding in dusty Az., but l checked my air box and filter and they look like they did when l bought it new.

·
craigstumph
10,314 Posts
S&B

·
Registered
20 Posts
Agree that the Donaldson is just fine. Regarding blowing out the OEM filter, people have gone away from that because it's easy to do it incorrectly. I've done it 100's of times with no problems but there are many stories are out there where someone attached an air gun to a 120+psi air supply and then placed the nozzle within an inch of the inside of the filter and ripped the pleats out. Rather than taking a trouble light to the inside of the filter and examining if for holes from the outside, they just slapped it back in the filter housing. Common sense would tell you not to do that but common sense is in short supply these days. Shop vac the outside of the filter is a good method or just tapping on it. Many industrial diesel engines have a gauge that measures the restriction of your air intake system. 99% of people have no concept of how much dust it takes to truly starve an engine of air and so they go way in the opposite direction and spend big $'s for precleaners, particle separators etc. As an ex farmer and owner of an off road trucking business, I can tell you that many people don't know what a truly dirty air filter even looks like nor to they understand oil change intervals or do oil analysis. Tap the dirt out of your filter after a dusty ride, check it for pin holes with a light and if it's good, reinstall and ride some more. Once a year swap in a new OEM Donaldson and enjoy!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts