Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When i take off my air filter what cleaner do i clean it with ? i have foam clear but do i use a spray for paper filters ?also i have tried putting it back on and the 3 clips sealed tight and no space around it. but on the top part of the cap wheer is no clip it kind of rubs againts that otheerr pice i can feel just a littl space around the lid but when it closer to the clips it tiight and sealed. it that right and ok ?

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
If you're talking about the stock paper air filter. You don't clean it, through it away and put a new one in. Honestly, I'd replace the whole unit with either the ump setup or a DFR setup. I was in our local shop to have them swap out my secondary clutch spring for me, and was talking to the mechanic, basically he said all he does all day long is top ends on the rzrs.

Jason

·
Registered
466 Posts
Dont get sucked in by salesman or the dealership like I did. The dealer installed a snorkel K&N air filted above the rear passenger seat. After one ride I thought I would check and sure enough there was DIRT ON THE THROTTLE BODY. I put back the stock PAPER filter and have almost 500 miles. Absolutely no dust and I have been in snow, sand, and extreme dust. I continue to check it every time I ride and throttle body has been clean ever since. This was an issue for the 08 Polaris Side by sides and everyone since then has installed a UMP. The stock PAPER FILTER works best for me..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts