Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here are the filter element number: Donaldson P772578, Fleetguard AF25539, Luberfiner LAF8147, Baldwin-RS3546, Wix 42801, or Napa 2801. Hope this helps out.

·
AZ Pete
345 Posts
what years will it fit?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am not sure what years it fits. Check out their website to contact them. I did buy the Stingy and it is very well made. It has a double filter. Just did not fit my snorkel system that I installed. Plus I liked the fact that the D&L attached to the transmission. I will say though, I read every thread about air intakes to decide which one. I never had a problem with my stock air intake once I snorkeled it (we ride a lot of mud). Just wanted the added protection and motor mount.

·
Registered
919 Posts
You can order that Donaldson filter assy from any heavy equipment supplier. You would need to fabricate the bracket to mount it to the tranny though. Filter assembly costs around $110 I think.

·
Registered
509 Posts
You can order that Donaldson filter assy from any heavy equipment supplier. You would need to fabricate the bracket to mount it to the tranny though. Filter assembly costs around $110 I think.
I just ordered the Donaldson for $109 the band ran $20 and I ordered a breather scoop/rain cap for another $20. The $159 for the filter and bracket & custom mount is a good deal $245 seems pretty high for just an extra bracket.

If I would have seen the $159 price for the mounted system I might have gone that route but my plan is to mount the filter housing in the bed. I will run 3" muffler pipe from the throttle body to the filter with a support to hold the mufler pipe to the tranny or engine with a rubber mount.

Mike

·
Registered
215 Posts
Ah, 245 is a great deal since someone already figured out how to mount it and machined it for me. There is tremendous value in that for me since I don't have to jerry rig a home built system together or waste my time doing it. Well worth the under 100 increase in price to me considering the time spent designing and machining a sweet bracket. Factor in those costs and some profit and my personal time saving and it is pretty reasonable for "just an extra bracket." I love this setup and have had one on my machine since new.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Ah, 245 is a great deal since someone already figured out how to mount it and machined it for me. There is tremendous value in that for me since I don't have to jerry rig a home built system together or waste my time doing it. Well worth the under 100 increase in price to me considering the time spent designing and machining a sweet bracket. Factor in those costs and some profit and my personal time saving and it is pretty reasonable for "just an extra bracket." I love this setup and have had one on my machine since new.
I wasn't trying to upset anyone but I just stated facts and prices. I own a manufacturing business and make marine parts. To me that is a very simple bracket. If someone came to my shop wanting something like that made a one off would cost you close to that much but parts I mass produce for kits or parts that I will be making multiples of would not be that much. Like I said the kit for $159 that someone posted seems about right but unless I am missing something $245 seems steep IMO but if you are happy that is all that matters.

Mike

·
Registered
215 Posts
I wasn't trying to upset anyone but I just stated facts and prices. I own a manufacturing business and make marine parts. To me that is a very simple bracket. If someone came to my shop wanting something like that made a one off would cost you close to that much but parts I mass produce for kits or parts that I will be making multiples of would not be that much. Like I said the kit for $159 that someone posted seems about right but unless I am missing something $245 seems steep IMO but if you are happy that is all that matters.

Mike
No one is upset? I was just answering your question about cost. I see the value, that is all I am saying.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Does the $245 set up hook right to the stock intake. I have mine snorkled and am looking for something close so I don't have to redo the snorkle to much

1 - 17 of 17 Posts