Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Atvdaddy
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read these post till my head hurt does anyone know if there is still a real problem with the air box and airfilters on the 2011? Did polaris finally fix the problem? Or do I need to spend another 400.00 on top of the 14000.00 I just paid for the thing for a different air box and filter? Thanks

· Premium Member
3,206 Posts
I have read these post till my head hurt does anyone know if there is still a real problem with the air box and airfilters on the 2011? Did polaris finally fix the problem? Or do I need to spend another 400.00 on top of the 14000.00 I just paid for the thing for a different air box and filter? Thanks
100 Miles on my so fair and no dust has past the stock air filter. Hopefully, they fixed the problem I'm not a fan of an Aluminum air box after having aluminum mounts snap on my YFZ.

· Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Well you need to check it regularly after each ride,or you could put a pre-filter before it enters the intake.

Don't worry I do.. I'm not afraid to replace the stock filter with a new once the stock filter gets dirty. Recently, I installed an outerwear pre-filter to wrap the stock filter for extra protection. I haven't seen the need to replace the stock airbox as of yet. (2011 RZR Standard)

· Premium Member
901 Posts
In order to check if you're sucking dirt, you have to pull the bed and pull the flexible boot off the throttle body, that's where it's sucking in dirt.... You can pull the cap off your filter housing and look in there all day long, but you can't see the problem from there. And no, Polaris hasn't changed the design. Get an after market filter that mounts to the motor/tranny and eliminates the flexible boot. Ump, DFR...but dump the stock box.

· Ridin' above 10,000 ft!
4,893 Posts
In order to check if you're sucking dirt, you have to pull the bed and pull the flexible boot off the throttle body, that's where it's sucking in dirt.... You can pull the cap off your filter housing and look in there all day long, but you can't see the problem from there. And no, Polaris hasn't changed the design. Get an after market filter that mounts to the motor/tranny and eliminates the flexible boot. Ump, DFR...but dump the stock box.
Going with Dale on this one....you've got the engine/throttlebody moving one way and the "frame mounted" airbox moving independently of the engine.

· Premium Member
3,206 Posts
I haven't pulled the bed off yet, but have taken the filter off and looked inside the intake tube and didn't notice any dust or dirt. I'll check the boot next weekend to see if dirt is building up. I typically ride in front and not behind someone stirring up dust. Have a great weekend everyone!

· Atvdaddy
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I spent the money and bought the ump. I't was kind of a pain in the but to put on for the 2011. I even had to relocate the coil pack out of the way. Messed up the foam on the airbox cutting the hole bigger and had to buy a new one, that piece of foam is 30.00 and its different from the 2010. Thanks to all that replied.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.