Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
09 factory stock rzr
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know of any nice looking aftermarket wheels that will keep me at 50 inches wide? I just bought the itp ss212 12by7 standard offset. They came in and I found out that they will put me over 50inches due to them being deep dish. Gonna have to send them back! Wish they werent so picky on the trails lol.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Have yet to find em.....I think anything is gunna run you over 50". I believe even if you measure the RZR completely stock it is like 51" to the widest spot of each tire.
Who are you worried about.....authorities?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Any aftermarket wheel is going to put you over 50" just because the smallest offset is a 4+3 which is standard for most aftermarket wheels.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
For what it is worth we offer a beadlock conversion on the factory aluminum wheels for a relatively low cost. They do end up slightly wider, but only by about 3/8" per side. If you send all four rims in, we charge $549.95 to convert all them to our scalloped style beadlock in a polished finish, and we provide the return shipping back to you at no additional charge. If you want to see some pics of how it looks you can check out the thread in our vendor section (http://www.rzrforums.net/omf-performance-products/31807-beadlock-conversion-factory-rzr-wheels.html).

There are also some aftermarket options, but due to limited clearance on the steering arm of the spindle I don't really consider any of them to be a wonderful choice for keeping the RZR narrow while still being strong. The factory wheels aren't bullet proof, but they are much less expensive compared to your other options.

·
Geezer with Joey
519 Posts
Got to be more answers. I hope!

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Well, there is one option that would work if you are interested in going big. We have just made a set of 14" Billet Center wheels, and with those we should be able to suck the overal width of the RZR down to as narrow as possible. The down side is that the rim is extrmemely expensive to produce, and with all of the bells and whistles comes in at $599.95 per rim. That's the top of the line setup, and you wouldn't be disappointed, but it is still pricey.

Bones

·
Registered
117 Posts
Bones I talked to you on the phone a few weeks ago on the same subject. Was wondering what could be done with the DWT Diablo 14X6 4+2 wheel. Could this be made into a single bead lock that would be less than 4+2 (4+1) or what could it be done with it? I would be happy to lose one inch on each side. Trying to get back to as close as possible to 50" running +2 arms. Also want to run 27.5X9X14 or 26.6X9X14 all the way around. Could this wheel be used for a three piece wheel? I may go with getting the stock wheels reworked just have not been able to find 2 more front LE wheels in my area.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Anything is possible. In fact, in the past we took a normal DWT spun 12" wheel, machined the center completely out, then made a special inner half of the beadlock that also was the new center of the wheel for the lugs to bolt down on. We basically made a 12x5 5+0. The problem is that it's not simple, and can't be done to every wheel. If anyone wants to take a stab at it, and is willing to help us thru the R&D process I wouldn't be opposed to trying, but it wouldn't be free, and it may take a while. Going that direction woudl certianly be less expensive than the billet center option, probably no more than $400 per wheel. No guarantees it will work though. What do you guys think, is it worth enough to put some money on the line? I'm game if you are, just let me know. We certianly won't leave you high and dry with us holding your money. One way or another we will come up with something.

Bones

Bones

·
Registered
117 Posts
Bones I think I want to play. We need to decide what an acceptable end state would be. I think a 14 with a 5+0 would be great and 4+1 acceptable. The bead lock could be the wheel center (would want idea of looks of this, slotted/holes or what styling). Are you thinking $400 a wheel plus the wheel? What 14" wheel would you think would be the best candidate? We are sponsored by DWT so can get them at good price. When we talked before you also stated that the 12” three piece may work without the inner reinforcement ring, is this still on the table? This sounded very good to me because it sounded like with the center on the outside it ended up less than 1” so it was a little less than a 4+1. You did have a concern with the wheel contacting steering and suspension components. I also think more people may be interest in this as it would allow longer arms with more travel at little to no width gain. I also need to see if the 5+0 wheel and 27.5X9X14 pitbulls would clear the right motor mount. How do you want to work all this, go to IM/email or what? I have a 2010 LE, should have +2 arms and shocks from ARS very soon.

Thanks Glenn

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Hey Glenn,
Email would be easiest for me ([email protected]) when it comes to the whole process.

I am supposed to have one of the Diablo front wheels in here tomorrow, so shoot me an email when you get a chance and I will touch base with you once I have a wheel in my hands and have digested my thoughts.

Also, in regards to price, $400 could very well be the price for the wheel complete with the beadlock. If you provide the wheel it should save you about $100, putting you at $300 for the beadlock conversion. Style is negotiable, we'll work that out once we figure out if it's functional first. It should not cost any extra to add some flare to the center.

12" billet center is definitely still an option, and it should result in about a 4+1, but you would not have the inner reinforcing ring which I generally don't suggest. There is not a lot of structural strength on the lip of a standard DWT Red Label wheel (the wheel we start with for our billet center), so one good hit will cause it to bend. They can generally be bent back, but I prefer to avoid the bending all together by running the reinforcing ring. I guess at the end of the day there will be trade-offs that have to be made no matter what we do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts