Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a thread for the Pro XPs with aftermarket wheels already? The only posts I could find are people selling stock take-offs. Anyway, I'm looking to go with 15*7" wheels, 6/1 or 5/2 offset and 32" DOT tires. Looking for opinions and pictures (mostly pictures) of your set ups, even if they don't match what I'm looking for. This will be on a 21 ultimate titanium, no suspension mods.

·
Registered
2021 1000 XP
643 Posts
Ok Fiddish, I have to ask

What're the winglets at the back for? Dust control?

All the best, James

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am in the market for some BRONZE wheels with 32" Rockzillas for my 21 Ultimate. Would love to see some installed if anyone has any pics, please post. This thread could/should be the one stop place for wheel and tire combos

·
Registered
211 Posts
Did you do any clutch work? How do you like the tires? Wearing well?
I was looking at this set up in a 5+2 wheel.
Had AAs clutch kit for about 800 miles... It was ok but I couldn't run my higher HP tunes without belt slip.. now I'm using Dynojets kit with better results

Tires seem to be wearing very well with about 1200 miles on them.. I don't do much mud riding, but I haven't found a situation yet that these tires are poor in.. would definitely recommend these

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
2021 Pro XP4 Ultimate with System 3 SB-5 beadlock wheels in grey with 32x10x15 system 3 RT 320 tires. The machine is brand new with 1.5 miles and I have it torn down doing a full build on it so I can't tell you how they ride yet. My friend has them on her XP1K 4 seat and she loves them.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ok Fiddish, I have to ask

What're the winglets at the back for? Dust control?

All the best, James
Yes, a feeble attempt at dust abatement. The roof mounted wing DOES keep dust off the storage boxes but I gave up on the cage mounted ones as I’m still blowing half the desert out of my clutch every couple hundred miles and I installed the S&B particle separator on the other side. Getting back to T-shirt weather so I’ll probably take that short windshield off too (scaled down from the true 1/2 windshield I started with). Dust conquers all

·
Registered
83 Posts
Had AAs clutch kit for about 800 miles... It was ok but I couldn't run my higher HP tunes without belt slip.. now I'm using Dynojets kit with better results

Tires seem to be wearing very well with about 1200 miles on them.. I don't do much mud riding, but I haven't found a situation yet that these tires are poor in.. would definitely recommend these
Thank you.. I'm planning on sticking with stock clutching which is why I am a bit hesitant to make any tire/wheel changes. I'm 100% ok with the performance as it sits but the Carnivores just wear so damn fast I'm already looking for their replacement.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Anyone happen to know the weight of the stock wheels off the top of their head? I've searched and found the offset but can't find the weight.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Anyone happen to know the weight of the stock wheels off the top of their head? I've searched and found the offset but can't find the weight.
Never weigthed "just" the stock wheel - but I did weigh the wheel and tire - 45.5 lbs - Carnivore lists stock tire at 34 lbs - so that would say 11.5 lbs for the stock wheel - (that is for 2020 - the 2021 wheels are different and lighter). I have Method 405 bead locks (15x7 - 5/2 offset) they weigh 20.7 lbs per wheel - with Tensor DS 32x10x15 tires which weigh 34.5 lbs per tire. Together they were 55.3 lbs - they were 9 lbs +/- per wheel/tire combo heavier than the 2020 stock wheels - so I simply backed into the wheel weight - but again never weighted just the wheel.

Here is my combo

·
Registered
83 Posts
Never weigthed "just" the stock wheel - but I did weigh the wheel and tire - 45.5 lbs - Carnivore lists stock tire at 34 lbs - so that would say 11.5 lbs for the stock wheel - (that is for 2020 - the 2021 wheels are different and lighter). I have Method 405 bead locks (15x7 - 5/2 offset) they weigh 20.7 lbs per wheel - with Tensor DS 32x10x15 tires which weigh 34.5 lbs per tire. Together they were 55.3 lbs - they were 9 lbs +/- per wheel/tire combo heavier than the 2020 stock wheels - so I simply backed into the wheel weight - but again never weighted just the wheel.

Here is my combo View attachment 666982

View attachment 666981

Thank you, that's good enough for what I was wanting to learn. Curious what are people's thoughts on how much weight can be added to stock clutching.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thank you, that's good enough for what I was wanting to learn. Curious what are people's thoughts on how much weight can be added to stock clutching.
I am on stock clutching and having no issues. I also run Method 401's (15x7 5/2 offset fronts and 15x10 0.6 offset rear) with 30x11x15 fronts and 30x13x15 paddles - these are lighter overall (45 lbs front and 49 lbs rear), but paddles do put extra stresses on things - having no issues there as well. But only have about 39 hours total from new and 29 hours on this OEM primary (was replaced under recall at 10 hours).

·
Registered
8 Posts
2021 Pro XP4 Ultimate with System 3 SB-5 beadlock wheels in grey with 32x10x15 system 3 RT 320 tires. The machine is brand new with 1.5 miles and I have it torn down doing a full build on it so I can't tell you how they ride yet. My friend has them on her XP1K 4 seat and she loves them. View attachment 666973 View attachment 666974
Any pics of the rear clearance trailing arms or side pics showing how the tires stick out. I also have the fender flares and am curious how it will look with different offset rims

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was hoping to go with something other than black but also wanted to try the Method beadlock technology wheels, or whatever they’re marketing them as. Unfortunately their Gloss Titanium which looks great in photos had a blue hue in person and their Steel Gray(which I regret not getting/looks better in person) looked too gold/bronze for my car in photos so I ended up with basic black 15x7 method 409’s wrapped in 32’ KM3’s

1 - 20 of 31 Posts