Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of an aftermarket tach that will work on an xp ? My factory tach isn't even close to keeping up with my motor. It takes to about 40 mph before its even close. I'm tring to clutch for my turbo and i'm hitting the rev limiter on take off and the tach is only reading around 4500 rpms and then once it rolls out quite aways it finally catches up but by that time i'm doing about 40. Was thinking if I could find something like an autometer 5" monster tach that would not only look pretty cool but help with my problem but I don't see any that works for a 2 cylinder. Thanks for any help

·
TURBO'S RULE
1,772 Posts
I clip on one of these for clutch tuning, it responds very fast and is an accurate tuning tool.
You can compare the oem speedo/tach to this pet 2100dx and see how far behind it is.
On mine, I leave one on it all the time and have it velcro'd to console for an accurate reference. Last run max rpm obtained after shutting down engine is always displayed.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks allcool that may be a viable option. How big is the display on that ? Just curious how hard it is to read when on the throttle hard. I know one thing I definately got to move some more weight to the heal of my weights. Runs about 8300 pretty steady once it gets off the limiter so I think i'm good with the amount of weight just gotta move it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I clip on one of these for clutch tuning, it responds very fast and is an accurate tuning tool.
You can compare the oem speedo/tach to this pet 2100dx and see how far behind it is.
On mine, I leave one on it all the time and have it velcro'd to console for an accurate reference. Last run max rpm obtained after shutting down engine is always displayed.
This one is the best.

·
Registered
965 Posts
TX-1 Recording Tach from EGT (Exhaust Gas Technologies) just do a google search. It is an analog tach so it is much easier to read plus it has memory.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks badride that looks like the tach for me. Do you have this tach and if so where does it wire in to get the signal ? Thanks Tom

·
Registered
965 Posts
I had it on my turbo Weber S and it worked really well. You can set it for just about any motor. I have no doubt it will work on an XP. I don't remember how it wires up. You can call them and ask. It is water proof, I try not to turn the pressure washer directly on it but it never failed to work. I had it mounted on the dash just to the left and above the speedo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts