Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know mines going to let loose any day now and wanted to go ahead and get the carrier, armature and seal kit on the way... Any one better than the other? Is the super atv one any good? Thanks

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
You will here that there are better ones than the super atv, but Iv'e been running mine for 3yrs with no problem and Im also turboed.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You will here that there are better ones than the super atv, but Iv'e been running mine for 3yrs with no problem and Im also turboed.
Thanks for your input. The only difference in some of the others and super atv's is the others have chamfered/beveled edges, the super atv one has sharp edges. Thats the only difference i can see...

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
i have had a super atv one in my 2010 since it was almost new. True, they could use some deburring before they ship them out, but i knocked off some of the heavy burrs myself before i put it in. I've never thought about my sprague carrier since then. Its been fine. I guess if i had a lot of miles on the rzr in awd when i changed it i may have gone the holz route since its got the rollers and clips too. With mine only having a couple hundred miles on it, i went the cheaper route and its worked out good.

·
Banned
904 Posts
Another difference in Superatv and some others is the material. While I will not bash on their stuff because I have alot of it lol, I have found this Sprague RZR

For only $10 more, you get the 7075 Aluminum vs. the 6061 from superatv. That is a way stronger aluminum. I will be oredering it next month..

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another difference in Superatv and some others is the material. While I will not bash on their stuff because I have alot of it lol, I have found this Sprague RZR

For only $10 more, you get the 7075 Aluminum vs. the 6061 from superatv. That is a way stronger aluminum. I will be oredering it next month..
I support super atv and have many of their parts, but some arent up to par imo, and others go above and beyond. I'll check out the one you posted, thanks.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I like that one pretty good, also has the option to order the bearings and springs...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ended up with the buying the holtz complete kit but i ordered the front diff seals and armature plate from superatv... Went ahead and got 2 front wheel bearings too..

I think my rzr wont come out of awd now...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay, so i got my holtz complete cage, set of sealed output/input bearings, complete seal kit and a new armature plate just in case. The holtz kit came with good instructions but did not mention replacing the bearings. Any one have a tsb or more detailed instructions? Looks simple just want to make sure i cover all the bases before i completely disassemble the chunk. Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts