Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done a search and came up with nothing about any aftermarket hoods for our 2008 RZR ( red ). I saw some RZRs on the forum that have the red hood with black in the middle - with scoops. Are these an aftermarket? Any links to hoods?

Thanks.

·
Mad Scientist
1,247 Posts
maier makes a nice hood for a first round rzr as well as fullbore, there are several others ive seen but dont know who makes them
i have maiers on both of mine (old and new) and i really like em.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I have the Polaris hood. Has foam where it contacts the front of the tool box and gives a lot more room for storage, and is water/dust free. Fan runs half as much as with the stock hood.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
chopperbill - That is exactly what I was looking for! So this is a Polaris item?

Do you have any other pictures you could post of the hood on your rzr? Just trying to get a good idea of what it looks like on the red RZRs.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Yes its a Polaris number. The other non OEM hoods dont have a seal to close off the tool box, thats what sold me and it works. Fits great and locks down good so it wont fly off. Seems to fit better than the stock hood.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the Polaris hood. Has foam where it contacts the front of the tool box and gives a lot more room for storage, and is water/dust free. Fan runs half as much as with the stock hood.

Hi I'm new to the forum and I been looking for a hood to replace my original on my rzr. This is the hood I'm looking for. Could you please tell me where you purchased your hood or where I can get one. Thank you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts