Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
I would say it comes down to personal preference. If you have custom needs then custom is the way to go. If you are in a time crunch, factory produced bolt ons are the way to go. Most custom cages take 3-4 weeks to be completed. This is not taking any back log into consideration that the builder may have.

I went with a custom cage. It was nice to work with my builder (hill rzr fab) to get things the way I wanted. He made light bar tabs to fit the bars I wanted. Also he was able to build around my mtx overhead stereo. Also the chop was made to fit me and my style. Being rather short, we were able to do a pretty good chop on it. Tall guys might not fit in mine. But it was built for me!

Either way you go, it with greatly improve the safety of your buggy. Happy trails and stay safe out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
153 Posts
We use .120 USA dom on almost a whole cafe build as do most other custom builders. A lot of the bolt on ones seem to be .095. Which is fine depending on how u ride. But “custom” means you get it exactly how you want it. But both are extremely better options than the junk tubing Polaris uses.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been looking into a Houser Racing cage. Seems to be a great bolt on choice, optional rear bumper and windshield bracket.

·
Banned
0 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts

·
Wolfhound
176 Posts
Got one with brackets made for my light. Check website for light pocket.
With roof, powder coat, intrusion bars, antenna mount, roof rack, TIG welded OTD, under 2600.

·
Wolfhound
176 Posts
Yessir, very happy with it! Headed to Williams today !!

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Installing one my machine this week. First big change from stock.
Just a word of caution, bracket lifts change the suspension geometry and expect it to be stiff. Depending on what you ride that might be acceptable (mud). If you're a trail rider or rock crawler bracket lifts are less than ideal and hinder articulation. A good spring package will work better in most instances.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rzr Joe thanks for your word of caution on bracket lifts. I guess I will have to live an learn, SATV 3" lift is going on this week, not doubting your wisdom or experience.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
I was pleased with the DBS Offroad cage that I installed on my XPT. I wish they made this same radius style cage for my Turbo S.

Reactions: Wolfhound
1 - 20 of 35 Posts