Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got one on my 900 trail noticeable difference but not sure it really worth the money. If you run bigger tires and a clutch setup to put it down, little snappier but for the money? Idk
Ah ok, I was wondering because everything I have heard says it really wakes it up. But I wanted to find out from someone who actually was using it. Thanks for input.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I had it in our now sold 2017 ACE 900XC. It mad a significant power difference in the sand dunes of Glamis. Was able to hold the line in and out of large bowls with the tune, something that was very difficult to try to do with the stock. The only negative was that It did make the throttle very sensitive when under 5 mph....would jump forward vs roll forward. The ACE was known for a stock short throttle...but the extra power was too much too fast for for some very slow and technical riding.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had it in our now sold 2017 ACE 900XC. It mad a significant power difference in the sand dunes of Glamis. Was able to hold the line in and out of large bowls with the tune, something that was very difficult to try to do with the stock. The only negative was that It did make the throttle very sensitive when under 5 mph....would jump forward vs roll forward. The ACE was known for a stock short throttle...but the extra power was too much too fast for for some very slow and technical riding.
Gotcha, Thanks appreciate it

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have it on my 16 rzr, it really wakes up the machine; you definitely feel it. I believe most dyno videos I've seen show 10-12 hp to the wheels on a stock machine (which many company's tune will do on a 900). Other pros are that they remove some limiters, raise redline, lower fan engagement temp etc. They can also customize the tune for you: (clutching, exhaust, intake etc). I've been happy with mine and feel a tune is the best bang for buck mod for performance for a 900.

Cons: 1) you really need to run premium gas (anyone's tune is gonna require) 2) They remap the throttle curve in high range, very aggressive compared to stock. However, they do leave low range closer to stock for technical stuff. 3) I just check the price; $550... I didn't pay that much back when but I remember them being higher than others... probably due to the dynojet handheld. Do you need data logging? Tuning software? Are you going to use it for digital gauges? There are less expensive options that will give a similar canned tune, in a plug n play device, without the extras and save $100-200.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have it on my 16 rzr, it really wakes up the machine; you definitely feel it. I believe most dyno videos I've seen show 10-12 hp to the wheels on a stock machine (which many company's tune will do on a 900). Other pros are that they remove some limiters, raise redline, lower fan engagement temp etc. They can also customize the tune for you: (clutching, exhaust, intake etc). I've been happy with mine and feel a tune is the best bang for buck mod for performance for a 900.

Cons: 1) you really need to run premium gas (anyone's tune is gonna require) 2) They remap the throttle curve in high range, very aggressive compared to stock. However, they do leave low range closer to stock for technical stuff. 3) I just check the price; $550... I didn't pay that much back when but I remember them being higher than others... probably due to the dynojet handheld. Do you need data logging? Tuning software? Are you going to use it for digital gauges? There are less expensive options that will give a similar canned tune, in a plug n play device, without the extras and save $100-200.
Cool, thanks appreciate the info. I’m sure the price is higher because of the dynojet handheld which I’m ok with I like gadgets lol. Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
The DynoJet OTS tune will get you most of what was posted above. You can adjust it from there. I tuned my own 900 and was running it on E85 for about a year. With heavier and bigger XPT wheels, it put down 64whp on a DynoJet dyno.

I am back on gas for now as it's easier. I may go to E50 as that's what I run in out XPT and always have it on hand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts