Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been covered before but we still get a lot of questions about whether or not our system contains a spark arrester in the exhaust. The answer is no. Why? Because the Aerocharger is the only turbo available for the RZR that uses 100% of the exhaust gases and uses them to achieve peak efficiency at any RPM range. This is also how we achieve boost much more instantaneously compared to all the other off-the-shelf turbos.

According to the United States Department of Agriculture's Forest Service guide to Spark Arresters for Off Highway Vehicles only turbos which use 100% of the exhaust gases do not need spark arresters. This includes some industrial type vehicles as well. Taken straight from the manual:

Link to the full guide: Spark Arrester Guide (OHV) Volume 3

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
This has been covered before but we still get a lot of questions about whether or not our system contains a spark arrester in the exhaust. The answer is no. Why? Because the Aerocharger is the only turbo available for the RZR that uses 100% of the exhaust gases and uses them to achieve peak efficiency at any RPM range. This is also how we achieve boost much more instantaneously compared to all the other off-the-shelf turbos.

According to the United States Department of Agriculture's Forest Service guide to Spark Arresters for Off Highway Vehicles only turbos which use 100% of the exhaust gases do not need spark arresters. This includes some industrial type vehicles as well. Taken straight from the manual:

So you are saying that my MCX kit is not legal..............:question:

·
Registered
6,860 Posts

So you are saying that my MCX kit is not legal..............:question:
MCX use a spark arrester.
milos

·
Registered
15,932 Posts
most turbos have a wastegate in them to control boost pressure.
I think Aerocharger uses adjustable vanes?

A wastegate would let some exhaust gases bypass the turbo vanes so that it doesn't meet the 100% qualification that they are talking about.

Correct?

·
Registered
6,860 Posts

A wastegate would let some exhaust gases bypass the turbo vanes so that it doesn't meet the 100% qualification that they are talking about.

Correct?

That right, I forget we let some gas out thru wastegates. You are to smart, Cliff. LOL
milos

·
Boats and ***s
3,541 Posts

Correct?
yes, thats why wastegate have to tie back into the exhaust pipe before the muffler and spark arrestor.

·
Boats and ***s
3,541 Posts
try and explain that to mr ranger .... they know it all even when their wrong their right...lol
all cops are like that, ticket first ask questions later, let the courts worry about sorting out the mishaps

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.