Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been covered before but we still get a lot of questions about whether or not our system contains a spark arrester in the exhaust. The answer is no. Why? Because the Aerocharger is the only turbo available for the RZR that uses 100% of the exhaust gases and uses them to achieve peak efficiency at any RPM range. This is also how we achieve boost much more instantaneously compared to all the other off-the-shelf turbos.

According to the United States Department of Agriculture's Forest Service guide to Spark Arresters for Off Highway Vehicles only turbos which use 100% of the exhaust gases do not need spark arresters. This includes some industrial type vehicles as well. Taken straight from the manual:

Link to the full guide: Spark Arrester Guide (OHV) Volume 3

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
This has been covered before but we still get a lot of questions about whether or not our system contains a spark arrester in the exhaust. The answer is no. Why? Because the Aerocharger is the only turbo available for the RZR that uses 100% of the exhaust gases and uses them to achieve peak efficiency at any RPM range. This is also how we achieve boost much more instantaneously compared to all the other off-the-shelf turbos.

According to the United States Department of Agriculture's Forest Service guide to Spark Arresters for Off Highway Vehicles only turbos which use 100% of the exhaust gases do not need spark arresters. This includes some industrial type vehicles as well. Taken straight from the manual:

So you are saying that my MCX kit is not legal..............:question:

·
Registered
6,680 Posts

So you are saying that my MCX kit is not legal..............:question:
MCX use a spark arrester.
milos

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
most turbos have a wastegate in them to control boost pressure.
I think Aerocharger uses adjustable vanes?

A wastegate would let some exhaust gases bypass the turbo vanes so that it doesn't meet the 100% qualification that they are talking about.

Correct?

·
Registered
6,680 Posts

A wastegate would let some exhaust gases bypass the turbo vanes so that it doesn't meet the 100% qualification that they are talking about.

Correct?

That right, I forget we let some gas out thru wastegates. You are to smart, Cliff. LOL
milos

·
Boats and ***s
3,184 Posts

Correct?
yes, thats why wastegate have to tie back into the exhaust pipe before the muffler and spark arrestor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts