Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the aerocharger designed to work on the stock compression as shipped? What boost does this kit run at out of the box? I see there are springs to change the boost, does the kit come with a variety of springs? I don't see them forsale anywhere. If they are shipping this to be a bolt on and go kit with stock compression, what is the crank or rwhp as shipped?

Any issues with fuel supply? For example if you modify the engine and want to crank it up to 11 or 12psi. Is it as simple as changing the boost springs? Does this turbo handle the heat of that much boost ok without the additional cooling of the oil like other setups?

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
We built our kit to be installed on stock engines. On a stock engine you can safely run up to 10-12 psi as long as you are running good fuel.

On pump gas we are putting out 95 Hp at the tires. On race gas we have put down 127 hp. Both on completely stock engines.

If you are planning on building your engine let me know and I can supply you with a new fuel map for larger displacement engines. If you are going to run the engine hard, I do suggest changing the Valve Springs as the stock Polaris springs are junk.

The turbo does not need an oil cooler as it is a self-contained oiling system designed to be used on vehicles with 2000F EGTs, much higher than a RZR.

Let me know if you have other questions.

·
TURBO'S RULE
1,772 Posts
We built our kit to be installed on stock engines. On a stock engine you can safely run up to 10-12 psi as long as you are running good fuel.

On pump gas we are putting out 95 Hp at the tires. On race gas we have put down 127 hp. Both on completely stock engines.

If you are planning on building your engine let me know and I can supply you with a new fuel map for larger displacement engines. If you are going to run the engine hard, I do suggest changing the Valve Springs as the stock Polaris springs are junk.

The turbo does not need an oil cooler as it is a self-contained oiling system designed to be used on vehicles with 2000F EGTs, much higher than a RZR.

Interesting and informative post.

Got to ask, Andrew what engines run a 2000* egt ???

·
Registered
428 Posts

Good to know! Are the fuel maps any different on pump gas or race gas setups you tested?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks Andrew this is great info.

What boost ranges does the stock controller handle then? 5-15psi with stock displacement and compression (not that you'd want to push 15 on that)?

I'd probably install as is for now, then in the near future want to move to 9:1 pistons, do the springs and headstuds while I'm in there. Would the stock map handle these changes at 10-12psi or do I need to send the Aerocommander back in later to handle that?

How does one handle altitude increase with your kit? Do you simply select one of the leaner settings (I'm assuming that's what all those buttons do) on the Aerocommander until the A/F is within range? I guess, optionally you could slightly increase boost until the A/F back in check as well?

Is the oil "used" in anyway? How often would you need to topoff or replace the oil?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Andrew where does the aerochager turbo start over spinning, ie can it handle 20+ psi, will it continue making power or loose some efficency
thanks shelby

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
The controller can handle up to 15 psi, the pressure sensor actually maxes out above that boost and only reads 15.

I can't really suggest running more than 15 psi, there are guys that do it but they are pushing the limits.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I understand 15+ on stock is alot but with rods, pistons, head studs, new valves, springs ect, will the turbo keep making power past then?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
All I know is at 12 psi on a stock motor running race gas the Aerocharger system is already very fast. If you want some drag racing sand beast that runs 20 psi go with the big turbo from K&T and you will have a better building platform. It costs more and will not be something you will want to drive on a techinical trail but it will be a beast.
Find someon running 12 psi on an Aerocharger and go for a ride. I think you will be surprised and satisfied.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Brad are you really getting 95 hp at the wheels on stock motor 11 psi thats seems tiny bit high but if thats true i should of bought your kit for my 08
Do you still have those kits in stock or do they not make them anymore ?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Brad are you really getting 95 hp at the wheels on stock motor 11 psi thats seems tiny bit high but if thats true i should of bought your kit for my 08
Do you still have those kits in stock or do they not make them anymore ?
If you're referring to Andrew's post, that is in regards to the 900 motors.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Andrew this is great info.

What boost ranges does the stock controller handle then? 5-15psi with stock displacement and compression (not that you'd want to push 15 on that)?

I'd probably install as is for now, then in the near future want to move to 9:1 pistons, do the springs and headstuds while I'm in there. Would the stock map handle these changes at 10-12psi or do I need to send the Aerocommander back in later to handle that?

How does one handle altitude increase with your kit? Do you simply select one of the leaner settings (I'm assuming that's what all those buttons do) on the Aerocommander until the A/F is within range? I guess, optionally you could slightly increase boost until the A/F back in check as well?

Is the oil "used" in anyway? How often would you need to topoff or replace the oil?
bump....still hoping somebody has answers for these so I learn a bit more.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
If you are not changing displacement, the controller should work just fine for you.

The controller re-calibrates every time the RZR starts, this helps with tuning for altitude, but you also have the ability to make changes to the program using the buttons on the controller.

You can also raise the boost, this helps keep your clutching close.

The oil is a waste oil system and we recommend that you check the level once a year. To add oil, you simply remove the fill plug and add additional oil. Though I recommend checking the level every year, most people will probably never need to add oil.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Very interested what cams and upgrades have been tested with kit. Want to stay very reliable for long mountain rides. But maybee a good cam kit?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Roach I'd have to say keep your comp ratio up if you're wanting to do mnt riding! I' running 9-1 & thinking after this dune season changing to some 10-1 to get my low end ridabity back for the mtn trails in CO!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Roach I'd have to say keep your comp ratio up if you're wanting to do mnt riding! I' running 9-1 & thinking after this dune season changing to some 10-1 to get my low end ridabity back for the mtn trails in CO!
Thanks, any ideas on different cams?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts