Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a quick video I took yesterday while I was tinkering with the vane settings on the turbo. Thought might aswell post it up since I had it. Hope you dont get motion sickness! Took with my phone for boost ramps comparisons. I have another one riding around a bit I'll post up later.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I warned ya on the motion! Like I said, took the video for comparision only. Johnny no just a bit over 13 in that video

H

·
0 Posts
Boost comes on real nice..
What RPM do you have the clutching set up at? Couldn't read the tach or the AFR...but I think you might have something left on the table somewhere judging from that 20-50 pull..

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was reving to roughly 6300-6400 at 12.5 to 13 psi. I plan on leaving it there until I get some more run time on this motor. Likely going up to 14 or 15 psi depending on what fuel I can get by with. Im sure RPM will raise a bit after that. Also, I've been getting mixed reports on RPM with the stroker cranks due to high piston speeds. I planned on questioning you guys on that once I got to that point but I guess now is as good a time as any. Any thoughts?

H

·
0 Posts
It was reving to roughly 6300-6400 at 12.5 to 13 psi. I plan on leaving it there until I get some more run time on this motor. Likely going up to 14 or 15 psi depending on what fuel I can get by with. Im sure RPM will raise a bit after that. Also, I've been getting mixed reports on RPM with the stroker cranks due to high piston speeds. I planned on questioning you guys on that once I got to that point but I guess now is as good a time as any. Any thoughts?

Ah..gotcha..I forgot you are running a new build..no need to push the new motor too hard RPM wise..
I could tell it wasn't pulling like it should and that RPM explains why IMO..
I'll defer the best RPM for the stroker motors to those with experience with them..
I will say that the difference on mine when clutched for 6400 and clutched for 6750 is drastic..but mine isn't a stroker...what is important is that you clutch it where your setup makes peak power..my bet is it will be a good bit higher RPM than what you are running now...and you might not even want/need 14-15 psi when you get it clutched for peak HP RPM...it makes a pretty big difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts