Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing a RZR S that was a total loss and I can live with the new front end, but the color choices on the S models do not suit me at all. Black or Black/orange in the Arizona desert makes no sense.

I am thinking of going with the black carbon, then changing the color. I need advice and pros and cons and cost estimates of:

Painting

Wrapping

Decals

Hydro-Dipping

Thanks,

Ruff

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I am replacing a RZR S that was a total loss and I can live with the new front end, but the color choices on the S models do not suit me at all. Black or Black/orange in the Arizona desert makes no sense.

I am thinking of going with the black carbon, then changing the color. I need advice and pros and cons and cost estimates of:

Painting- $1000-up, paint over time may crack.

Wrapping- $1000-up, if u scratch it up, just get a new panel printed.

Decals- $400-$500, same as wrap. not as good a coverage

Hydro-Dipping- $1000-$2500, body is painted first, then dipped, then clearcoated. Flexable, won't crack, as tough as ur paint on ur vehicle. Can be repaired if print is damaged.

Thanks,

Ruff

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
#1 Painting; Youll need a good body shop tha has a lot of expieriance with plastics and know all about the flex aditives..$500 basic to $4000 extreme... and higher if you want!
#2 Wrapping I'm assuming Vinyl here, Printing can go as high as $450 for thestandard panels;problem, Most installers who have done just ONE utv, refuse to ever do them again, the angles are very hard.installation $$??
#3 Decals, You can do that yourself, you can have them custom made, call companies ect.. $$?? but the cheapest way to go!
#4 Dipping, Hope you have $$$$ and that stuff scratches pretty easy, Ive seen it several times not to mention you need to find someone with the skills and a tank big enough for the front cowling!

For the most part, I have been all over the web abd talked with so many people and it always comes back to option #1, Painting gives you the most options..your wallet dictates how far you want it to go, and getting it fixed isnt like, #2 getting Vinyl re printed, #3 hiding scratches with "stickers" and #4 well thats just a bad idea..IMHO...
I hope this helps and good luck!

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts

Painting- $1000-up, paint over time may crack.

Wrapping- $1000-up, if u scratch it up, just get a new panel printed.

Decals- $400-$500, same as wrap. not as good a coverage

Hydro-Dipping- $1000-$2500, body is painted first, then dipped, then clearcoated. Flexable, won't crack, as tough as ur paint on ur vehicle. Can be repaired if print is damaged.

Thanks,

Ruff
ehhh that was too funny we were both doing a work up at the same tiem....and they pretty much match!! LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts