Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went riding last weekend. I got a check engine light while loading the night before (520344-17). I went any way hoping it might miraculously clear itself. It ran fine throughout the day but the code never cleared. The MX manual states it’s an “Adaptive Fuel Correction Bank 1 – Valid But Below Normal – P-CODE P1170.” That’s Greek to me. Based on what I’ve read on the internet, it’s most likely low fuel pressure (lean condition) caused by a bad fuel pump. Is there a quick and easy way to install a fuel PSI gauge without splicing (cutting) into the fuel lines?

Also, I broke two center caps while rock crawling. Are the OEM TRE center caps the only center caps that will fit the TRE beadlock wheels? The OEM replacements were ~$35 each. I could buy four aftermarket center caps for a standard XP 1000 non-beadlock wheel for ~$20. Granted, they don’t look the same. But, every website stated they don't fit my TRE. I'm just questioning is that because they won't fit or because they don't match?
Motor vehicle Gauge Automotive design Speedometer Gas

· Registered
812 Posts
Saw a fuel code long time ago on my TRE. I can't be sure it was the same one. I keep a log on everything, but didn't really do anything to write down. I noticed a change in fuel pump noise at the same time with just the key on. It went away after a few miles and came back. I was not ready to end my trip. Added some Lucas fuel treatment that I use to lubricate the pump and injectors on my diesel truck. Fingers crossed I could finish the week out. The pump didn't seem to labor as much the next time I started it that day and code was gone. Since then I have added some synthetic 2 stroke oil and alternate that with Lucas a few times a year. No issues so far and that was many miles ago.

This info might not help you. Some codes can be caused by multiple issues. Not easy to fix when misfire code can be belt slip, bad fuel or spark plug. Your code points to the fuel system, but could be many things. Wish it was simple and pointed to a specific part to replace. That would be too easy I guess.

Hope you fix it and let us know how it went.

I broke one center cap myself. OEM prices are just out of line. I almost purchased the generic plastic caps that were about $5 each, but they did not seem deep enough for TRE. Took me about a month to decide they just didn't matter and left them all off.

· Registered
294 Posts
I have a tre and happen to have a couple stock xp ones on the bench. I’ll have a try after a bit and get to you. A buddy of mine did buy the knock offs and they didn’t fit great. Think just used a lil silicone to make sure they stayed in place.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

· Registered
1,036 Posts
I have seen the adaptive fuel out of range code on a friends Pro XP that had a faulty fuel pump.

Mine was setting false misfire codes when my fuel pump went south.

If you have a fuel pressure gauge, sometimes you can rig up a chunk of hose to adapt your gauge to the nipple on the sender. That's what I did.

· Registered
812 Posts
Messed up and got it all froze up before I tried the centre caps. Try it tomorrow lol View attachment 713685

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net
I don't think thats going to be any easier for a while unless your heated shop with a floor drain is working good.
Just the right amount of white stuff for none stop powerslides and donuts!

· Registered
812 Posts
Yeap, just need one more tote full of RZR spare parts... If I tell the wife they are boxes of old Christmas lights I might fix one day it might slide under the radar while longer. Getting harder to hide the scrap pile of radius rods and such.

My TRE and support vehicle is getting heavier and heavier over time. Never ends

· Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@SoonerRC I tend to agree with @Bowman89 on the fuel pump. I would go ahead and replace it and then carry the old one as a spare. I'll send you a forum member price quote on a fuel pump and a center cap.
I ordered the pump. Great price. Thanks!

· Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I bought some center caps that said they'd fit the 2017-2019 TRE. They wouldn't fit my 2020 TRE. The fingers were too short to catch the back side of the wheel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts