Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there is a kit out there that doesn't raise the seat. I'm looking for one that possibly replaces the plastic mounting plate with an adjustable feature. My wife is less than 5' and the extra height of the polaris kit does not work.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Here are some pics from my old rzr. I started with a normal Poalris slider base. I had to lower the seat to accomodate my wife (just under 5') but with the slider leaves plenty of adjustment to work for any driver. I just copied and pasted this from an old thread so let me know of you have any questions.

My description is gonna suck but youll get an idea of what i did.

Step one is toss these brackets in the spare parts bin as they are not needed

I then mounted the brackets and sliders directly to the seat (do not use the factory plastic base)

Youll have to oblong this hole on both sides to get the seat fit the brackets correctly

once the frame is mounted to the seat youll be able to set the seat in the RZR directly on the to seat cross bars center it on the bars and mark where to drill the holes to install the mounting bolts. The bolts i used are just basic with a 13mm head and about 2" long they are stuck though the track and then held in place with a jam nut to hold them in place when you install the seat before bolting down. I will probably upgrade these to grade 8's before i put the seat back in i just used what i had before.

After you drill the holes in the track and before you install the mounting bolts set the seat on the frame cross bars and mark your mounting holes. I just used a paint pen to mark the locations then drilled the holes. With the mounting bolts installed just set the seat in place and install the nuts on the mounting bolts. This can easily be done with the skid plate off or from up top with a little patience. I just bent the piece that the stock seat slides into forward a little so the modded seat track sits flat. In theory it and just be bent back up to be used as stock again if the need shall ever arise.

If anyone has any questions ill do the best i can to help out

·
Registered
551 Posts
Polaris has a kit and they sell for around $60 on ebay.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks tommyc

I did see your description when i did a search. I was hoping to have something that still allowed for quick detatch, but maybe im asking for too much.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
You can get back to the same as stock height if you use metal seat bases and the sliders. As they come, the metal bases tilt the seat rearward. The latches can be mounted a bit differently along with some leveling screws to prevent rocking. Really wasn't too hard to do.

I took RJSmith's idea and did a little bit of fine tuning to end up with a solid setup.
http://www.rzrforums.net/general-rzr-discussion/22413-seat-adjustment-question.html

If you look at his 4th picture, you can see the latch is on the bottom of the plate. That is not how they designed it to work but I did the same thing so that the plate sits level when installed. One issue with that mounting is that you will have to add a washer in the hole where the pin goes through the latch so that the latch spring doesn't flex down. Added a washer or 2 to the latch post also to level the base. Then in the 2 rear holes where normally you would install the rubber bumpers, I made feet to level the plates and keep them from tilting from side to side since they are now suspended from only the center pin. Put rubber chair type feet on them for a cushion to the rear bar.

The rest was done like in his post. The result you can see is in the below thread.
http://www.rzrforums.net/rzr-xp-900/59593-seat-problem.html#post738515

·
Registered
551 Posts
My bad on my reply about the popo kit. Just re-read your post and caught the seat height part. Need to slow down on midnights at work-lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts