Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have made changes to my RZR 900 lift kit so that it can now be installed (takes about an hour) and once installed, you can quickly (15 minutes) convert it back to stock riding height.

Why did we do this you may ask??? We have had a few people tell us they love to play in the mud with big tires and loads of ground clearance, BUT this is also an amazing trail machine with a smaller set of trail tires. Now by swapping tires and changing a few bolts, you have your machine set up for the best of both world!

I only made 5 kits on my first run of this revised kit and they will be back from the powder coaters in a few days so if you want one of these first 5 kits, let me know ASAP!

·
The Dark Knight
1,379 Posts
Sweet!!!! Can not wait for pics!!!!! All stock measurements at stock setting and then your 2 1/2" / 3" lift? Just moving the top shock bolt?

Will this kit be priced the same as your non-adjustable kit.

Sorry for all the questions, just excited about this kit!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
The Dark Knight
1,379 Posts
The only thing that might be different is the bolt size in the shock, but other than that I would think the same.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes I have one now. The highlifter kit said it would work, but the adjustment would not. I would like to run your lift if the adjustable portion would still work.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know that ours is really REALLY close to not working both ways on the 900 2 seater. I had it installed and tested here in my shop and it seemed to really work well in the stock position but under heavy aggressive riding the reservoir would lightly touch the shock mounts on the lift brackets. We did some modifications and it has a lot more room now but its still being somewhat tested. One problem with the testing being done by a friend is that now that he has it in the lifted position, since its nut a HUGE lift kit, he says he is never going back to stock. Says it handles awesome with the lift, good feedback yes, but hard to get him to move it moved back to stock position :(

·
The Dark Knight
1,379 Posts
Paul.....I will have it on in stock position in harlen, KY in June. That will be a good test!!!!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Will this kit work with the xp4 and still be adjustable?

Not sure yet, do you have an XP4 right now? Some of the part 3's are exactly the same, it just might work....
I'm curious if anybody that makes an adjustable lift that compensates for the xp4 and xp walker Evans edition. The difference isn't in the bolt diameter it in the shock design. The rear shocks are walker Evans 2.5" body instead if fox 2" body. I think the reservoirs are different too. I'd like a 2-4" adjustable run so I could run 2" on rear and 4" on front then reduce the preload on front shocks to compensate for the difference and make the ride better. Then for play time put both on 4" and adjust preload stiffer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
im running 29.5 outlaw 2s will this adjustable kit clear my rubbing problems and whats the availability on this kit

·
Registered
19 Posts
and is the reservoir problem fixed in stock position

·
Registered
19 Posts
Will I have to still crank shocks or will this kit alone solve the rubbing

·
Registered
50 Posts
So is there any word on the xp4 yet? I'd love a small lift and a big one more often than not. Thanks I'm very interested

·
The Dark Knight
1,379 Posts
It is my understanding that this kit has been modified to fit the xp4 and walker Evans XP.

This kit should clear 29.5 ol2s.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Will I have to still crank shocks or will this kit alone solve the rubbing
I have 2 customers that got back to me on our FB page and both are running my lift kit with the shocks still at the factory settings and both are running 30" Outlaw Radials and no issues with rubbing at all.

·
Registered
157 Posts
So, if I'm reading correctly this kit is 2.5" lift and is adjustable back to stock ride height for the rzr 900xp including xp4 and walker evans edition. Correct? Have you had any feedback from people using forward a-arms? My 30 dominators clear with ease after the forward a-arms but I've been looking into adjustable lift kits for when I swap to some 33+ mud tires and then back to my trail tires.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts