Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to wire an additional outlet under the dash for my GPS. Can I just splice into the existing wires connected to the dash outlet?

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Yep,, For a GPS it won't matter at all. Doesn't pull much power.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great! Thanks for the advice! Just wanted to make sure it wouldn't over load if I was using both.

·
I just wanna ride
3,641 Posts
that's what fuses are for :rofl3:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
What GPS are you using? Most of the manufactures have hardwire kits so you don't have to use the accessory outlet. I use one with my Garmin Nuvi 500 and it works great:ride:

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
I also use a hardwire kit with my Nuvi 500. But same deal, You can pull the power off the existing outlet.
Jeff I think he was worried about blowing the 15 amp fuse that is already on that circuit..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you know if I can just cut the end off of the cigarette cable and hard wire it? That way I don't need to buy another cable. And if so.. What size inline fuse?

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Do you know if I can just cut the end off of the cigarette cable and hard wire it? That way I don't need to buy another cable. And if so.. What size inline fuse?
No you can not.. Its been reported by others that this will burn up the GPS. My guess is the plug has voltage regulator of some kind to keep voltage spikes down when starting the RZR..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am using a Garmin 76 CSx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts