Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2021 xp turbo4
528 Posts
I’m interested in adding the Ride Command as well. Besides GPS what all does it do? Is the install difficult?
I just did this upgrade recently. Bought ride command unit from capitan and install kit from rocky mountain atv. I did the install in about 5 hrs on a Friday evening. I didnt use the radio antenna or any audio components, still undecided on if I want to use rc as an audio source. Im extremely happy just for the GPS, front and rear cameras and the gauge screen.

·
Registered
380 Posts
my pro has RC and the one thing that hasn't been mentioned is the ability to still have nav and route guidance when in areas that don't have cell coverage. you're phones navigation will not work in area's with poor coverage. RC comes in really handy for those spots. RC can definitely be found cheaper, MSRP on those is crazy high.

·
Registered
82 Posts
my pro has RC and the one thing that hasn't been mentioned is the ability to still have nav and route guidance when in areas that don't have cell coverage. you're phones navigation will not work in area's with poor coverage. RC comes in really handy for those spots. RC can definitely be found cheaper, MSRP on those is crazy high.
I'm really interested in RC but i can't justify 3 g for it
I'm in Canada so if someone has ideas on how to incorporate RC and a good stereo I'd be interested in recommendation ,paying between $5500-$6000 plus tax for RC and stereo feels like gouging to me but I don't really want a sound bar and a tablet !

Also wondering if I can install an after market wiper kit I see them marine for $120-150 and lastly i want the 5 year warranty but my dealer wants $3500 plus tax and Can Am is $1200 it's quite a difference in price

Txs for all your help

·
Registered
2021 xp turbo4
528 Posts
I'm in Canada so if someone has ideas on how to incorporate RC and a good stereo I'd be interested in recommendation ,paying between $5500-$6000 plus tax for RC and stereo feels like gouging to me but I don't really want a sound bar and a tablet !

Also wondering if I can install an after market wiper kit I see them marine for $120-150 and lastly i want the 5 year warranty but my dealer wants $3500 plus tax and Can Am is $1200 it's quite a difference in price

Txs for all your help
Message capitan828 on here. You can add ride command for half the price polaris charges. However if you want to use it for navigation and a stereo head unit theres probably better options. I have ride command and a tablet that I use for nav.

·
Registered
380 Posts

Txs for all your help
just out of curiosity, why don't you want to use a tablet? for navigation and music it's honestly far more capable than RC, imo, and MUUUCH cheaper. i'm sure there are others, but the part that i think a tablet would lack is the ability to do the peer 2 peer tracking that RC does. i'm thinking in areas where cell reception is bad, how would the tablet get other members gps location?

·
Registered
82 Posts
just out of curiosity, why don't you want to use a tablet? for navigation and music it's honestly far more capable than RC, imo, and MUUUCH cheaper. i'm sure there are others, but the part that i think a tablet would lack is the ability to do the peer 2 peer tracking that RC does. i'm thinking in areas where cell reception is bad, how would the tablet get other members gps location?
Manly because of clean install and ease if use but i decided to go the tablet route and install the $2800 stereo

21 - 36 of 36 Posts