Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All - does anyone know if you add ride command, it gets the cameras, speakers, etc? Basically if you add ride command is it like ride command if you bought like the XP1000 with ride command. I want to buy an xp turbo and possibly add ride command. It is unclear to me. thanks

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
We added it when we bought our xpt, way overpriced but we love it and would do it again. We didn't want the sound so I can't say for sure if they have a kit that includes that portion or not. Ours came with both cameras and antennas, stereo antenna is still in the bag.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, it seems like it is worth it. Especially not having to get your phone out all the time and knowing where you have been. It does seem expensive especially with the mounting bracket you have to buy.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The mount kit contains the wire harness for the screen that’s the reason it is so expensive. If you want the group ride option you need to add another $100 or so for that another antenna

·
Registered
57 Posts
I added RC to my 2020 XP41K High Lifter. You have to buy a audio system separately as it doesn't come with amps, speakers, or a sub. If you get one though, it's important you go with one that is compatible with RC. I have an audio system from MBQuart, which I'm not happy with because the amp got splashed under the dash and no longer works, despite the manufacturer claiming everything is waterproof. But it worked well up until that point.

Yamahopper said you need another antenna for group ride, but I'm not sure that's true because I didn't buy anything extra and the group ride works fine for me, but that may just work off the app/cell towers so you may need another antenna when there's no coverage, I'm not sure on that one.

IIRC, the $1500 MSRP on RC is just for the screen. The dash mount kit came with all the harnesses.

·
Registered
108 Posts
RC is cool as a nav system, but the audio quality is garbage. Not sure if it's the speakers, low power from the head unit or a combination of both, but I am seriously unimpressed with the sound it delivers.

Luckily, I dont care about music while riding, but if you do be prepared to spend additional cash on amps & speakers.

·
Registered
43 Posts
it almost seems that would be better deal to to get xp1000 ride command. But I really want the extra power of turbo as well.
Thats the route I took - bought a 19 turbo (vise the 1000 rocks and trails) and added the RC, CDN monopoly money that's like 2k, but I loved the 5 button in my 2015 900xc, so when I upgraded machines I added the 7 button version - and if I change machines would do it again. As I don't listen to tunes when i ride, I bought a blue tooth speaker for when stopped on the trail or using / watching the phone. Works fine for me.

·
Registered
2019 XP4 HighLifter
266 Posts
I added Ride Command to my 2019 HL XP4. The install kit from Polaris comes with both cameras, FM Antenna and wiring harness. I did have to add the V2V antenna for group rice without cell. I also added audio but pieced it together using TrailstarAudio harnesses as most of the package deals either don’t sound good or are very expensive. I went with SSV kickpanel enclosures, SSV Sub Enclosure, JL 600/3 Amp, Wetsounds 6 1/2s, JL 10” W3 Sub, and a wetsounds stealth 6 bar for the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Ride command audio system is plenty loud to hear while riding but quality is crap.

If you only want the nav part of it. You can use your phone or small tablet with the ride command app instead. Would save you a ton of money.

If you care about audio, which it doesn't sound like you do...you would want something else.

·
Registered
57 Posts
A lot of people not liking RC audio quality on these forums! I think y'all just got some bad apples...

What are you guys paying for these audio systems to get such bad quality? Maybe it's a "you get what you pay for" sort of thing? Not being rude, just being honest.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
The audio is ok just to have music. Mine came with ride command. If i had to do it over, id get a rzr without and add audio separately and just use the app.

I guess it does have some nice features but i could probably do without.

I just temporarily hooked up my new mb quart gmr-led head unit....omg it's sounds so much better in the 1min I've had to play with it.
Still a lot to do and play with. It's not perfect but making progress

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I've been doing some testing and am experimenting with the MB Quart head unit. I have also discovered some critical information...but will start my own thread to hopefully help others in the future. I will have to get something to confirm....but i think there is a reasonably cost effective solution to make ride command very acceptable.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I’m interested in adding the Ride Command as well. Besides GPS what all does it do? Is the install difficult?
Gps, Bluetooth music player with 3 amp outputs, and a nice gauge layout. If you ride with others with ride command the group ride feature is amazing. Being able to see where your partners are and messaging them is nice. If you buy the install kit from Polaris it’s all plug and play

1 - 20 of 36 Posts