Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Thanks got one couple days ago now waiting for the other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I finally got both of my spacers in for the lower radius rods going to install in the next couple of days . Not sure but it looks like the shims go on first , then radius rod then outer bracket is this correct ? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Do you gain extra height or just arm clearance?
Just bent my front regular arm and looking at options.
Hmmm... not sure about the question. You gain ground clearance since the arm is arched and not straight, but the lower arms and radius rods do not lift the machine like a lift kit.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just completed this mod. I folded a trailing arm and bent both radius rods so this seemed like a good plan to beef things up!
Worked out great, this thread should be a sticky.
Thanks @Bullitt427

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Just completed this mod. I folded a trailing arm and bent both radius rods so this seemed like a good plan to beef things up!
Worked out great, this thread should be a sticky.
Thanks @Bullitt427
You're welcome!

The solid bar radius rods aren't going to easily fold or break. And the front a-arms using OEM bushing is nice. Can't say I was a huge fan of the SATV a-arms on my 2017 1000.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
A little update:

After 3200 miles the lower radius rods are completely worn out and sloppy. I see the price has rocketed to $247 ea now, which makes this option rather cost prohibited compared to aftermarket radius rods that can be rebuilt with new heim joints.

They are stout pieces, solid bar stock and they have taken some good hits, but long term it's no bueno. I am looking into getting some weldable heims and rebuilding the rods as is, but until then I'll just throw on my original radius rods.

Stay tuned

61 - 78 of 78 Posts