Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying a set of Barker pipes for my '09 RZR-S (thanks FJK!), and I'm wondering if I'm going to need to add a fuel programmer (PCIII, PCV, etc) to keep the correct AF ratio and keep this thing healthy.

I have barkers on my Raptor 700, and I definitely needed a programmer for that, but they are known to be lean from the factory (awesome sound and power boost by the way).
And from what I have read, these RZR's are pretty rich stock. I think I remember reading a while back that quite a few guys were running different exhaust (and one was running the barkers I'm getting), and they said that their AFR was still in the green, even maybe a touch rich with NO programmer. Is this correct or am I fabricating this in my memory trying to justify not spending the money?

I ride in Michigan (around 550-700' elevation), and I don't have any other mods to the motor (besides a UMP intake).

If I do go with the power commander 3/5, anybody have any good maps for the RZR-S with an exhaust? Worth the coin?

Thanks guys,

Kyle

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody on this forum has an exhaust on their RZR?

Maybe I should have posted this in the Engine and Drivetrain forum...can one of the mods move this for me?

·
Registered
893 Posts
My RZR was/is still way rich after adding Muzzy's. I then added a Dynatek and serial programmer that was setup for a stock RZR with Muzzy's by Hunterworks. He said he took even more fuel out of the map and it was still rich. In my opinion and several others', you'll be fine without the controller/PC/whatever, as these machines come from the factory extremely rich. This is my experience and yours may differ.

I would suggest, if you are at all skeptical, that you get a wide band O2 like the one that AEM offers. Under $200 and you'll always know what's going on.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
I do-not think you will need to install one...I am going to change my exhaust and I am not going to put one on....Now a way easy-test after you install the barkers...see if she is getting Hot....if she is getting hot than yep....you will need to richen her up a little...and I am talking RZRs not Hookers:rofl3::rofl3:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts