Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have searched and can not find it anywhere. Everyone says that duals for an 800 do not increase HP any, just noise. However, Barkers claim they do and so does one of the atv shows, but I have yet to see a factual dyno sheet. Has anyone dyno'd their duals, regardless of brand to substantiated either claim of do or dont?

·
I am still 16 in my head!
1,947 Posts
I did not keep any Dyno reciepts, but have tested Ron Woods Racing with no Arrestor, HMF and Looney Tunes to no gains over a S exhaust on a Standard Rzr. Nothing but Noise, nothing.

Power Commander Three on all three above exhausts only corrected the Air Fuel Mixture, mabye a crisper throttle somewhat, but not hardly noticable, but knowing the Rig is running correct is worth it.

·
Banned
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's Muzzys response to the Dyno Info:

Muzzys Support FAQs Page
What they says is correct all though they sorta contradict themselves. They specifically state that IF you dyno the same machine in a relatively close amount of time, you will see the gain, if any. This is what I am looking for. Yes, each machine will be different and elevation will also play a factor as it does in just about any aspirated machine. However, it will still show the gain in actual numbers, giving you a base line of what the increase is on a similar machine. Their whole statement about a "percentage of what you SHOULD expect" is nothing more than marketing bullshit to try and fool the consumer. Not one company posts a factual dyno sheet to prove the consensus wrong. One vendor even stated that Barkers does increase HP, just ask some of the customers. Again, that proves absolutely nothing more than they psychologically believe there was an increase do to the louder noise (seat of the pants dyno). The only dyno I have seen was a youtube vidfeo of Monster exhaust and it showed a decrease in HP IIRC.

I did not keep any Dyno reciepts, but have tested Ron Woods Racing with no Arrestor, HMF and Looney Tunes to no gains over a S exhaust on a Standard Rzr. Nothing but Noise, nothing.

Power Commander Three on all three above exhausts only corrected the Air Fuel Mixture, mabye a crisper throttle somewhat, but not hardly noticable, but knowing the Rig is running correct is worth it.
This is what I am wanting to see, someone who actually dyno'd it. I am curious though that the PCIII did not improve HP gains added with the exhaust as I have never seen that. Every motorcycle I have ever owned, to include my Brute Force 750 I have ran a PCIII on. With the proper mapping, there was a substantial increase in HP. What were you using to custom map them with?

·
1,947 Posts
The Rig was "actually" Dyno'd, did not keep any paper work it was three years ago.

The PC Three only corrected the Air Fuel Mixture Ratios to correct levels. It is still on the Standard now and was mapped for the S exhaust that we ended up with.

I will also say, don't trust the Power Commanders right out of the box either, even if the Vendor states that they are set for your Rig.

If your looking for seat of the pants improvment, saying this from the stuff in YOUR signature line. You are needing a Turner Gear Reduction, to get you back to the Zip your looking for with those Big Tires. http://www.turnercycles.com/

We have one Big Rzr and even backing down to 30 Zillas, the Gear Reduction was Priceless. But as you probably know, then comes Turner Axles, better input and output shafts, it is a slippery slope. One we wouldn't do again. Your Rhino axles won't handle the Gear Reduction, Evos will , but not at very high speeds.

·
Banned
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im not specifically looking for HP gains. What I am looking at is the ridiculous price for these exhaust systems that do nothing for your rzr except make it louder. I really dont want to spend $1k on an exhaust and tuner with no hp gains...

·
1,947 Posts
You would absolutely love the Gear Reduction. Especially with those big tires you run. It will make your Rig respond like it had the Factory Tires on it!!

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Bottom-line is: if you have a 2011 or 2012 RZR, there isn't an aftermarket exhaust system out there that will give you ANY significant improvement in power; just noise! The Polaris Engineers finally got the stock exhaust-system dialed-in just about perfect, power-wise, on the later-model RZR's. An added bonus: the stock systems come with a spark-arrestor; a lot of the after-market systems don't! And you don't EVEN want to know what the fines can be if you're caught without one, and/or start a fire because you didn't have one. My two-bits.............

Cheers

·
Banned
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You would absolutely love the Gear Reduction. Especially with those big tires you run. It will make your Rig respond like it had the Factory Tires on it!!
Yeah, but like you said, then comes everything else lol..... I might look into it and see what it costs and if I could get away with not changing anything else.

Bottom-line is: if you have a 2011 or 2012 RZR, there isn't an aftermarket exhaust system out there that will give you ANY significant improvement in power; just noise! The Polaris Engineers finally got the stock exhaust-system dialed-in just about perfect, power-wise, on the later-model RZR's. An added bonus: the stock systems come with a spark-arrestor; a lot of the after-market systems don't! And you don't EVEN want to know what the fines can be if you're caught without one, and/or start a fire because you didn't have one. My two-bits.............

Cheers
Bar, I have a 2009 800 50" in my signature. So, I assume the exhaust manifold from the 900 wont fit the 800, but will the "s" fit it and is that design good? I would like to imprive the performance of the exhaust and going with a stock setup from a newer rzr seems to be the best idea. I also know all about the fines as I just retired as a Federal Law Enforcement Officer, and one of my resposibilities was Conservation Law Enforcement lol... Fortunately, they arent required in this area, but if you start a fire, you will hate life for a few years..

·
Registered
873 Posts
My 08 with an LTE dual put 39.5 HP at the rear wheels down at KMS. The exhaust by itself will do nothing. You need more are and a fuel map that works with the combo. At SSSS right now I'll find the chart when I get home and post it. I do agree that the later model exhaust works much better and probably negates most of the gain. The fact it the duals sound bada$$!!

·
Registered
3,733 Posts

Cheers
Bar, I have a 2009 800 50" in my signature. So, I assume the exhaust manifold from the 900 wont fit the 800, but will the "s" fit it and is that design good? I would like to improve the performance of the exhaust and going with a stock setup from a newer rzr seems to be the best idea. I also know all about the fines as I just retired as a Federal Law Enforcement Officer, and one of my responsibilities was Conservation Law Enforcement lol... Fortunately, they aren't required in this area, but if you start a fire, you will hate life for a few years..
Ya, Wren; I don't have a 900, so I can't comment on that, nor do I know that an "s" exhaust will fit an '09. Not much help, huh? I only know that they changed the exhaust on the '11 and '12 800's, along with several other things that gave these year-models more power and better mileage.

Cheers

·
Banned
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bar, this is what I saw....

OK, looking at the micro fiche and the part numbers, the exhaust gasket is the same on the 2009 and the 2011/12 800. This leads me to believe that the manifold will bolt up to the 2009. If you look at the two of them side by side, you will see that the 2011/12 is a superior design to the 2009. On the 09, the exhaust gas is immediately compressed into one pipe upon exiting the engine. On the 11/12, you have what appears to be at least a foot of dual pipes before it is compressed into the single pipe, which is most likely why you see no gains in HP on the newer models. The routing should be the same or close enough to make it work.

·
1,947 Posts
I have a S Exhaust from a 09 on one of our Standards. In fact the one standard I was referring to that had a HMF, Ron Woods on it also. The S will mount right up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts