Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen quite a few posts about tire sizing and people asking what measures true to size, and what doesn't, and one thing that drives me insane is how tire companies can't seem to make a tire it's actual size in the SXS world especially. so I thought it might be a useful idea to start a thread where people can actually give the real world measurements of their mounted tires.

So I ask you guys, if you would, grab a tape measure, and measure the actual height of your tires, from the ground, to the top of the tread. Let us know how worn they are when you take (or took) the measurement, please be as accurate as possible, and let you know the Make, Model, full tire size, wheel size (including width if you know it), and pressure you have them at.

If you guys will do that, I'll keep updating this first post and use it as an organized data base that's easy to find in, so nobody has to dig through however many pages of posts this could turn into.

Seems like a useful & helpful idea right?

Mine:
32x10x14 Pro Armor Crawler XG's, 14 x 7 wheels, 10 psi, measured 30.75" @ 100% tread

·
Registered
466 Posts
I hate this also, and goes for truck tires as well! That why I chose these, 32 x 10 x 14 Rocktane XD, measure about 32 1/2" @ 10psi mounted on machine with full cage/roof when new. 1200 miles on them and about 31 1/2" now, but still plenty of tread left. Hardly any tires measure true to size, even fully inflated with no load. It is BS! Also had the 32" terrabite kevlar, which were about 30 1/2" @ 12 psi, not mounted on machine. Never did use them and sold them

·
Registered
588 Posts
Terrabites 98% tread> 28x10Rx14 on 14x7 rims, 8psi. @ 27 1/4" (mounted on RZR)

·
Registered
392 Posts
MRT X-Rox DD 32X10 - 14 8-9 PSI
Front rims 14X6, rear rims 14X8

100 miles on new tires, tire floor to top of tread 30 &1/2 inches.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are we measuring them under the weight of the machine, or just mounted and on the ground?
Mounted under weight, although it actually makes very little difference in mine, even at 10 psi they don't compress much statically, maybe 1/4"... i got a new one to mount up, so ill check that again before install

·
Registered
16 Posts
Arisun Aftershock 32x10x15 on 15x7 @10psi = 31.5 Brand new when measured.

Arisun Aftershock 30x10x15 on 15x7 @8 psi = 29 Brand new when measured.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
While this thread is a great idea and there is some good info here, to measure them from floor to top with weight on them is almost a useless and arbitrary number. Even at the same psi on the same wheel, if a given tire is mounted on a 570 vs a turbo S 4 with 500 pounds of add-ons it’s going to be completely different. The way to do this is to measure across the center cap from side to side.

That said, the factory bighorns on factory wheels on my XP1K with 90% tread measured 28.5 F, 28 R.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
While this thread is a great idea and there is some good info here, to measure them from floor to top with weight on them is almost a useless and arbitrary number. Even at the same psi on the same wheel, if a given tire is mounted on a 570 vs a turbo S 4 with 500 pounds of add-ons it’s going to be completely different. The way to do this is to measure across the center cap from side to side.

That said, the factory bighorns on factory wheels on my XP1K with 90% tread measured 28.5 F, 28 R.
You are physically correct, however, on my 2200 lb XPT4, there is less than 1/4" of change at static height, the tires have a stiff enough carcass that at static load, they're don't compress much at all, i can put them all the way down to about 4 psi and not see a measurable difference.

Yes, there are alot of factors at play, but it's better than the arbitrary number the tire company stamps on the sidewall in alot of cases (pro armor especially).

·
Registered
72 Posts
What is the standard way a tire company measures their tires?

Mounted on a vehicle with 10, 12, 15psi?

Not mounted on a vehicle?

From the ground up, or front to back across the centerline of the tire?

So many differances in weight of vehicles that a 2 seater could be hundreds of pounds lighter than a 4 seater.:|

1 - 20 of 80 Posts