Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 570 Ace and I was wondering if you guys were in the process of building a long travel kit for the Ace?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I do realize it is a strut set up on the front end. I know it will be harder to do an a-arm conversion, but it is not the first time it has been done.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Dude anything is possible, especially this day and age I mean we can print our own parts

I saved my 2009 800 factory suspension, when we bought our Ace the first thing I thought of is hmmmmmm some simple brackets on the front frame and I bet that stuff can bolt up!

Cheater travel in the off road world is width. The further the tire is away from the body the more wheel travel you achieve. Wheel spacers, flip factory wheels around = longer travel at the tire. But with this suspension it does not cycle "clean" meaning the camber and toe change during the wheel travel, the more width you add the more exaggerated these changes will be

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was hoping someone like Lonestar would build a kit at some point. I have done the wheel spacer and all the other tricks on my old machines, all the way back to my old Ranger XP and our old RZR 170. You have an ACE, so you can see the suspension is probably the biggest limiting factor on these machines. We upgraded my 11 year old daughter to the ace and I can tell she will be able to out drive the suspension in the next 6 months. If someone like Lonestar were to put the effort into a solid +6" kit it would complete this machine as the only in between option for someone not ready/big enough to step into a full size RZR. It would basically turn it into a little sand car, almost like the old honda pilot was. There are already performance options for the 570 motor and cages, seats, etc for everything else. Suspension is the last big hurdle and I am not the guy to custom build a set up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts