Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm looking for a new or newer toy hauler that is set up for someone in a wheelchair. It should have a lift to get me in the coach and a big enough bath room for me to get around in or a roll in shower would be better. I don't want to enter through back of trailer because it won't work most of the time so ramp or super arm would be best, I live in Oregon but could travel a little bit for right trailer. Any help in this matter would be great. Please help so i can keep riding.

·
Registered
108 Posts
In our area they have toy hauler/fish houses used for ice fishing and camping. The advantage to these is the whole unit lowers down to ground level. The axles pivot upwards allowing to set the whole house down on the ice on a frozen lake.

Ice Castle Fish Houses is a big seller here but there are many others. Might be an option.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Toy haulers are way too tall for the miles I tow. I have been using a 24' Pace enclosed car hauler since 1997. I probably have 50,000 miles on it. It has a 4000watt generator a custom queen sized bed. a big front closet, cupboards and shelves. We carry tables a big stove and a microwave, toaster and electric gridle. We are never wanting for anything. I have towed it all over the country from one end of I-5 and over to Nevada and Arizona hauling my 150" sand dragster, ATV's and now XP1000. I have ramps for the 4' side door but would rather just use the loading door ramp. If it had a winch with a remote or outside switches I could use it totally independently but since I only have one arm that works I always have someone around. I can use a shower chair and heat up some water for sponge baths or if I stay towards the rear beavertail you can just dump the water over my head if I want to fully shower. It works better than most motorhome conversions I ever have seen and cost a fraction of what they do. Just need to replace the tires every 5 years or so we never have blowouts. I have two free standing canopies depending on the room available and how long we intend to be there. One is 16'x20' and the other is 20'x40'

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

One of my crew and RZR partners.

My son and I.
[/URL][/IMG]

The 20x40 shade.
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
366 Posts
I am in a wheel chair also and would like a lift that would go on the side of the trailer to get in. I use the ramp on the back of the trailer to get in now. It sometimes can be very steep.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found a place in Mesa Arizona that will custom make you a trailer with anything you want, The name is Dune sports. I have ordered one put it won't be ready for a while. I will post after I get it. Thanks everyone that replyed

·
Registered
615 Posts
I found a place in Mesa Arizona that will custom make you a trailer with anything you want, The name is Dune sports. I have ordered one put it won't be ready for a while. I will post after I get it. Thanks everyone that replyed
So did you ever get that trailer you ordered?

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes i did call me anytime and and i can tell you about it. I live on West coast in Oregon phone number 503 930-8795
Roy

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Are you still happy with your Dune Sport Toy Hauler? I saw some pretty bad reviews about them so didn't pull the trigger.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts