Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Yep figured as much. Thanks.

Ordered up the OEM and a filter sock to boot. New oil and filters again 5 hours later LOL.
You may want to look at a S&B separator. Like the 1 I have mounted to my rack. It really does work great. All that dust we were in plus the ride the following week where I followed Rollover Ron, I checked the filter on Sunday and it still looks new. Not even any dust in the filter housing.
Yeah, this may have to be my next step. Thanks. Peace of mind is invaluable.
I know its a hard pill to swallow. Every time we turn around it's $400 here, $500 there. $400.00 buys a lot of filters but it sure is nice not having to pull the spare and box just check the filter.

·
Registered
667 Posts
You may want to look at a S&B separator. Like the 1 I have mounted to my rack. It really does work great. All that dust we were in plus the ride the following week where I followed Rollover Ron, I checked the filter on Sunday and it still looks new. Not even any dust in the filter housing.
Yeah, this may have to be my next step. Thanks. Peace of mind is invaluable.

I know its a hard pill to swallow. Every time we turn around it's $400 here, $500 there. $400.00 buys a lot of filters but it sure is nice not having to pull the spare and box just check the filter.
Check to see if your dealer accept Costco mine did and I got 15% off.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

·
Can't 'Member.
629 Posts
I am sure I am no expert on filtration, but like some of you guys I have been playing with go fast stuff....either 406 Sprint Car engines or 377 "stock" car dirt track engines and the off road stuff since about 1976. Dust when a 100 lap main on a track that goes dry slick is not good for an engine spinning 8k and, and we preferred not to go through them more than we have to...so we did the best we could.
When we stuffed those engines into sand rails back in the day...we did the best we could.

I think the S&B is the best thing to come along for the internal combustion engine operating in dirt since the first screened "air cleaners" my dad had for his 24 stud 3/8 by 3/8 flathead V8's back when he ran at the dry lakes in the post war 40's. I still have a few of those things...scary. Even have one of the flatmotors...but that is another story..
I run Donaldson on my on road diesels. My Oil analysis and all other indicators on my engines tell me they work.
Cheap filters are cheap for a reason.

Run the best filter you can find, but save yer pennies till you can swing an S&B. They work. Period
Just one old man's opinion...free advice...ya get what ya pay for. If yer lucky

61 - 63 of 63 Posts