Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 526 Posts

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATED 1/12/2015:
Added all wiring diagrams to first post below pics

IMPORTANT UPDATE 10/06/2014: - Beware of your current setup!!!
So after having this setup for a few months I got bit by the cheap parts fairy. I left my RZR in the trailer for about 2 weeks without starting it. When I went back to it to pull it out of the trailer, I turned the key and nothing happened. Long story short, the battery was dead due to a constant 4mA draw from the relay. It forced me to replace my battery as well. My suspicion is that the relay went bad due to the constant beating it was taking. I now have an 80 amp Stinger Battery Isolator Relay on the way. The only downside to this, is now my fuse block circuit becomes an 80 amp max circuit instead of the 100 amp circuit it was previously. I will keep you posted as to the long term testing of this new Stinger Relay. Thanks to Richardson Performance for helping me diagnose this and getting me the parts I needed to fix it.

Over the past few evenings I have been working on installing my accessory fuse block under the hood. I ran a wire from my battery to a 100 amp circuit breaker. From there it goes under the center console (zip tied to the factory wiring harness) up to the larger compartment under the hood into a 150 amp relay. From the relay into my fuse block. The relay is triggered by an accessory wire from the 12v under the dash. Essentially, I will connect all of my accessories into the fuse block and run them to my relay bank (still on its way) to power the accessory. Also have Dunertunes 6 Switch Panel and Upper Corner Single Switch Panels to install. Only accessories to hook up at this point is the Sick-Stikz whip.

WIRING DIAGRAMS:

Standard Accessory Fuse Block - Powered by Key On

Standard Accessory Fuse Block - Powered Directly from Battery (Always On)

Dual Battery Accessory Fuse Block - Powered by Key On off of Aux Battery

Dual Battery Accessory Fuse Block - Powered by Key On w/ Winch

Dual Battery Accessory Fuse Block - Powered by Key On, w/ Winch, Light Bar powered from Headlight High Beam, Accessories powered by Headlight switch (Low and High Beam)

DISCLAIMER: Certain improvement projects are inherently dangerous, and even the most benign tool can cause serious injury or death if not used properly. ALWAYS READ AND FOLLOW INSTRUCTION MANUALS AND SAFETY WARNINGS. You must be particularly careful when dealing with electricity — always use common sense.
Any advice, guidance or other information provided in this post cannot completely anticipate your situation. If you are at all unsure about completing any aspect of this or other projects, consult a qualified mechanic to perform the service(s) for you.
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE TO HOLD JOSH RICHARDSON HARMLESS FOR ANY PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH, OR ANY OTHER LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION OR SERVICE PROVIDED.
No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from me or through this thread, shall create any warranty not expressly made herein.
Reader agrees to assume all risk resulting from the application of any of the information provided by Josh Richardson.
By using the advice and suggestions in this thread, the visitor agrees that the use of this thread and its information product is entirely at his/her own risk.

·
Registered
377 Posts
nice job.. I did the same thing along with the duel battery set up. the acc fuse block makes it nice to hook up all the crap we put on these things..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was just a 100 amp circuit breaker from amazon. For around $12.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using RZRForums.net mobile app

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I have created a very basic wiring diagram for the above install and also one to illustrate how a dual battery setup might look.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Duplicate Post

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's a setup with a winch as well.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Very nice

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. If you see any errors in my logic or drawings, please point them out and I will fix accordingly.

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
only thing is you called a solenoid a relay and thats not even a problem.... and in reality that solenoid works almost the same so its right and wrong.....lol

·
Registered
999 Posts
It was just a 100 amp circuit breaker from amazon. For around $12.

You can also get these from most larger boating supply stores like West Marine, you will pay more than 12 bucks though but it will be water proof.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And probably much better quality.

·
Registered
156 Posts
is this the relay you used? i really like your setup and am gathering parts needed.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/CONTINUOUS-SOLENOID-RELAY-CARTS-1114208/dp/B00BGTL9GI/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1406763764&sr=8-12&keywords=100+amp+relay+auto[/ame]
what fuse block did you use, i like the cover on it.
what gauge wire?
tks bob

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah that looks like basically the same thing. Just be aware that if you use the same fuse block I did it has a 100 amp limit.

·
Registered
303 Posts
On your fuse block did you need a negative bus on it or not? There is two options one with an one without. If I understand your drawing it looks like you did not need a negative bus.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I did not get the one with the negative bus. However, I kinda wish I did, but I think space may have been an issue if I did. I remedied not having the negative bus by using the bolts that hold down the coolant reservoir. I just ran a negative lead from the battery to it just to make sure I had a good ground.

1 - 20 of 526 Posts