Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
The Lone Rzr
2,280 Posts
I don't think they ship and you have to pay in person
Can you imagine the sales they would have if all you had to do was give them a cc # and say ship it?
I would have done it years ago

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I crunched the numbers a few years ago. I live in AZ. By the time you figure all the expenses, time and taxes I figured you're only saving between $1,000 - $2,000. The hassle wasn't worth it for me. It's best if you can find a local dealer that you trust and work the best deal you can. Let us know what you work out. Good luck.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya I’m curious I’m helping a friend find an xp. I’ve used uship on the last 3 boats and had a great experience. Just wanted to see if anyone had a recent experience.

·
The Lone Rzr
2,280 Posts
I crunched the numbers a few years ago. I live in AZ. By the time you figure all the expenses, time and taxes I figured you're only saving between $1,000 - $2,000. The hassle wasn't worth it for me. It's best if you can find a local dealer that you trust and work the best deal you can. Let us know what you work out. Good luck.
Me too.
It was 3200 miles round trip. I didn't even factor in wear and tear on truck and trailer.
I would have saved $800 by the time I paid for gas and hotel etc.
Local dealer delivered it to my driveway and i supported my local economy

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Me too.
It was 3200 miles round trip. I didn't even factor in wear and tear on truck and trailer.
I would have saved $800 by the time I paid for gas and hotel etc.
Local dealer delivered it to my driveway and i supported my local economy
Now that I'm thinking back it was under $1,000. My local Dealer treats me great on pricing, service and warranty claims. It's really worth it to have a good relationship with a good local dealer.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya I’ve read older post and was just curious if anyone did the journey lately. Local dealers are just bat shit crazy with prices. I know Polaris slowed production due the virus but not that much lol

·
Registered
80 Posts
I drove from northern Michigan to abernathys. The place is great had a blast there saved thousands I’ll go back no question for my next one. Michigan dealers are nuts on prices and half don’t call back so I won’t even try to buy one up here.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Well worth it for me. About 2200 miles round trip. The dealers anywhere near me were all dicks...like most people around here. No interest in supporting them. Abernathy was amazing to deal with. I’ll go again next time, only I’ll be buying two machines instead of one!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm heading to Abernathy's tomorrow from Northern IN to pick up a new turbo s velocity 4 seater. I had one dealer about an hour away from me get within $400 of Abernathy's price but they couldn't find one to sell me. Abernathy's told me I got their last one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
We already had a trip planned to Nashville, so we flew down a day earlier than planned, rented a car to drive out to Abernathy's and back, then had it shipped home.

In the end, the only additional cost was about $50 in the rental and gas, maybe $60 for a hotel, and what was supposed to be $650 in shipping around 1000mi home. But the shipping was SUCH a nightmare, we got $100 back from the broker (DO NOT USE A BROKER, the have NO control over the actual shipper, and he walked all over them, making it a nightmare of an experience) and $100 back from the shipper. So for under $600, we saved over $7000 from what anyone was willing in Eastern PA.

And, lesson learned in PA, when you come back to register it and report for taxes, they don't ask for the slightest bit if proof about sale price (at least my notary) so I SHOULD have reported a lower sale price (yeah, I said it, tax fraud) BUT I didn't, I was honest.

Abernathy's will not help you secure shipping, but if you do all the work to orchestrate it, they will do their part to make sure it goes well. We gave them all the info we had about the shipping, they asked that we give the hauler a copy of our sale with VIN to confirm he was the right guy, picking up the right RZR, and they asked we send a pic of his/her license so they could make sure he was the right person. That part actually went pretty well.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I drove down from Central Indiana about a month ago to get my 570. It was over 3,000.00 cheaper then the best price I got locally. They wanted 10K and some change, which did not include fees, dest. charges, etc. Abernathys was $8100.00 out the door. The guy in front of me in line drove from New York, he didn't go into details but was buying 2 four seaters and said he saved 3500.00 each (7K total), worth two days driving and a night in a hotel for him. I had never been there and the experience was crazy to me. I got there about 20 minutes after they opened and I was already about the 15th vehicle in the lot with a trailer picking up. The lady doing my paperwork said they sell 45-90 UTV's a day. More than my local dealers sell in a year for sure.

ACN, I'm not sure which way to go down but I got to Indy and hopped on I-69. Very easy drive. I went through Bloomington about 5:00 am and didn't see another vehicle until I got close to Evansville. That new stretch of I 69 is nice but there was no traffic on it at all. I went in early April when COVID was a little bit more unknown and more people were locked down.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I drove down from Central Indiana about a month ago to get my 570. It was over 3,000.00 cheaper then the best price I got locally. They wanted 10K and some change, which did not include fees, dest. charges, etc. Abernathys was $8100.00 out the door. The guy in front of me in line drove from New York, he didn't go into details but was buying 2 four seaters and said he saved 3500.00 each (7K total), worth two days driving and a night in a hotel for him. I had never been there and the experience was crazy to me. I got there about 20 minutes after they opened and I was already about the 15th vehicle in the lot with a trailer picking up. The lady doing my paperwork said they sell 45-90 UTV's a day. More than my local dealers sell in a year for sure.

ACN, I'm not sure which way to go down but I got to Indy and hopped on I-69. Very easy drive. I went through Bloomington about 5:00 am and didn't see another vehicle until I got close to Evansville. That new stretch of I 69 is nice but there was no traffic on it at all. I went in early April when COVID was a little bit more unknown and more people were locked down.
I drove down 2 years ago and bought a ranger xp 1000. I went down i-69 as well. Almost ran out of gas along that stretch looking for a gas station.

·
Super Moderator
7,655 Posts
One of our club members here in Utah has family back there, so they combined a vacation with a purchase. I'm suspecting they were tailed from Abernathy's as the machine and trailer were stolen that night at their motel. Police never found it, but they had insurance.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'm heading to Abernathy's tomorrow from Northern IN to pick up a new turbo s velocity 4 seater. I had one dealer about an hour away from me get within $400 of Abernathy's price but they couldn't find one to sell me. Abernathy's told me I got their last one.
I used a dealer in IN and we got it down to within $500 of abernathys.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts