Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a Blast!!!! Camped Sat till Wed!
Didnt get alot of RZR pics, but I got alot of good riding in! Even did a little rock crawling with the RZR-(def need armor for that!) . Crawled a trail called Big Johnson! The RZR did good, but I was worried about the belt slipping-- still not used to how this thing works!
The green JK is mine--- the rest are my buddies---

We did these trails in the Jeeps-
Chocolate Thunder
ClawHammer
JackHammer
Fissure mtn
Big Johnson
Tried "BackDoor"- couldnt make it
Watched the big Jeeps do Upper SledgeHammer

Lots of Dunes!

:rzrs:

·
eternal noobie
239 Posts
didn't take the RZR on the rocks?

The Hammers are a ball...have run there a few times with my FJ40...just wish it wasn't a 5000 mile round trip :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
didn't take the RZR on the rocks?

The Hammers are a ball...have run there a few times with my FJ40...just wish it wasn't a 5000 mile round trip :)

Yeah--- I edited my report so its more clear-- I ran Big Johnson with the RZR. It did great, but I need rock rails at the minimum--

I live only 25 miles from there, so we spend a lot of time there (I also have a rock buggy). I am torn between leaving the RZR light for the dunes, or install some armor.

·
eternal noobie
239 Posts
I've modded mine just enuf for the rocks...ran 'er last weekend in Hot Springs and everything worked well... (Home - IH8MUD Photo Gallery for pics, trucks and my RZR)

I'll be in JV for KOH for about 10 days...still unsure if I'm going to drag both out, or just the RZR to get around in for photo runs...

25 miles? you suck...my closest decent rocks right now are 300 miles...course, I'm house shopping in Cedar City on my way to SEMA :) That'll help!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've modded mine just enuf for the rocks...ran 'er last weekend in Hot Springs and everything worked well... (Home - IH8MUD Photo Gallery for pics, trucks and my RZR)

I'll be in JV for KOH for about 10 days...still unsure if I'm going to drag both out, or just the RZR to get around in for photo runs...

25 miles? you suck...my closest decent rocks right now are 300 miles...course, I'm house shopping in Cedar City on my way to SEMA :) That'll help!
We'll be there for KOH--- I'll buy ya a cold one!:pint:

·
Banned
399 Posts
Great pics love that place.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
well,it went from cracked case to hit the mother so hard I bent the front case .we were just going to welded the crack ,but now I need the case (front half) again I'm waiting for the price call right now. I have all ready called around and went on the internet ,so I know what there going for.But whats killing me is I have new tires , parking, hind lights ,new skid plate and a couple others thing to put on the money pit (I meant money pit in a good way)Oh ya I'm glad your knee is better.

·
Registered
494 Posts
well,it went from cracked case to hit the mother so hard I bent the front case .we were just going to welded the crack ,but now I need the case (front half) again I'm waiting for the price call right now. I have all ready called around and went on the internet ,so I know what there going for.But whats killing me is I have new tires , parking, hind lights ,new skid plate and a couple others thing to put on the money pit (I meant money pit in a good way)Oh ya I'm glad your knee is better.
Is your rig at Temple city powersports? I was just talking to Jimmy about the green rzr with a missing motor, bent case and rough gears. While it's opened up, you should replace the motor mounts and add gear lift plates with Holz units. Cheap insurance, I'm doing as well. Taking mine in on Tuesday to install an alternator as well. You goin to Glamis?

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Yes thats is were is at.Yes the motor plates are on the way.No cant make it to Glamis those dates just wont work with my work right now, so putting the time and money into the November trips.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts