Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't do much rock crawling, but have been known to hit a few strays at high speed. What would be the best all around? Plastic or aluminum? Was about to pull trigger on the Pro Armor, but see that alot of guys are using plastic. I know the plastic slides better for crawling, but do they protect when desert riding?

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
Factory UTV UHMW, the only way to go.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i noticed on the FUTV site that their a-arm guards dont have any holes for drainage. For those of you using them, is that a problem? I drive in a lot of mud so cleanup is a consideration.

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
No drainage issue with mine.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I currently have the DG baja series and I am looking to switch to the futv ones within the next couple months here. I just stumbled upon the futv ones this past week and they look awesome. The 1/2" skid really caught my eye....no complaint about the DG's though, my current ones are just at the end of their life....
What material are the FUTV skids exactly made out of. Also, what is the problem with the mud and these plates?

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
I currently have the DG baja series and I am looking to switch to the futv ones within the next couple months here. I just stumbled upon the futv ones this past week and they look awesome. The 1/2" skid really caught my eye....no complaint about the DG's though, my current ones are just at the end of their life....
What material are the FUTV skids exactly made out of. Also, what is the problem with the mud and these plates?
They are awesome....They don't clear as well as others. Protect better than others. protection is better.

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
The Factory UTV Guards are made of th same UHMW Composite that their skid plates are made from. There aren't any holes on the bottom for the mud to drain out of upon washdown. I suppose a couple of minutes with a hole saw could fix this, but I'd want to talk with the people at FUTV first.

·
BatRazor
1,323 Posts
Hose will wash the mud right out.
I had FUTV make A arm guards for
my SuperATV +5 LT kit with the off set.
There great, slid off everything. And there
lighter. My metal ones hung up on everything.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I just installed EMP's [Extreme Metal Products] CV-Loint Aluminum A-arm guards.

Havent been in the dirt yet but installation was simple as pie.

They are 1/8 " thick aircraft grade aluminum and they seem real sturdy as well as having a fair amount of holes for easy cleaning but the real test is when I go riding and then I will give update.

They had extra hardware in the kit and ya dont see that to often if ever and the guy I dealt with was named Rick and he was a good shit.......$139.00 Buckaroos

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
Anything from EMP is good stuff. It's just that aluminum will get beat up if you do a lot of rocky stuff.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Factory UTV UHMW, the only way to go.
have to agree for a couple reasons. lighter, dont dent when you hit them, and they slide instead of getting hung up. also, the fit of the futv a-arm guards is spot on.
Aluminum is sticky. I had a pair of fishing waders that had aluminum on the soles to keep you on the slippery rocks. They stuck like glue and worked better than the felt bottom ones, but not as comfortable.

·
Premium Member
2,110 Posts
i noticed on the FUTV site that their a-arm guards dont have any holes for drainage. For those of you using them, is that a problem? I drive in a lot of mud so cleanup is a consideration.
Let us know when you order and we'll customize them for you, no problem...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.