Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
Larry, the factory OEM bushings are pretty stout. Mine lasted about 4300 miles. $4.89 each at your favorite Polaris dealership.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Best prices on Oem was cycle parts warehouse which is a vendor on here. He was cheapest for bushings and pivot tubes. Ill be doing aftermarket kit if these wear as quickly as the last set did

·
Registered
759 Posts
Here's the problem with everyone trying to figure out how long bushings should last. 1) conditions. This is the biggest factor. Comparing someone who lives out west to someone on the east coast is not going to work an here's why. Take for example someone that rides in the desert area they do ride extremely dusty dirty sandy conditions but no mud or water . East coast riders consistently ride in mud and river / creek crossing. This is where these bushing get eatn up. I'm on my second of Oem and I'm all for buying aftermarket but until someone atleast 10 riders can confirm they will last 1500-2000 miles in my riding conditions their is no way in hell im spending 500$ plus dollars when I can do the same complete rebuild with Oem for around 200$. I know two guys that ride gncc in rzr s with after market bushings and you know how often they replace? About every three races which equals about 210 miles. Id love to see some consistent feedback from guys that ride in water and mud to help convince me otherwise. Also I'm no mudder and avoid it when I can, clean and grease religiously after every ride. Land vehicle Vehicle All-terrain vehicle Motor vehicle Off-roading . This is why bushings don't last. Regular trail ride avoiding all mud other than what was in trail.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
All I can say is the stock lasted 200 miles. I put the delrin bushings in and they lasted about 300 miles, now have the Super daves bushings installed the fronts have about 2500 miles and the rears 500 or so. My riding is mostly desert and mountian trails.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Exactly, can't compare out west to east coast.. The water and mud is what kills the bushings since they aren't sealed.. If you only ride on dry dusty trails then they will probably last a while.. Around here 500 miles is pretty average.. I just order the oem ones online for a few bucks a piece.. 60-70 bucks will pretty much buy all of them..

·
Registered
759 Posts
Guys told me to replace pivot tubes if try even look slightly wore as they will just continue to wear the new bushings out faster than the last.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Over here in WV coal country the pivot tubes seem to wear as much as the bushings. If you don't replace both there will still be play in the joints.:rm_thumbdown:

·
Registered
208 Posts
In WV my oem bushings last three or four rides. I switched to super atv on the front. They have lasted three rides so far and are still tight. Brakes go fast here to. As said above, change the pivot tube. Super Dave is getting good reviews here also.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Exactly, can't compare out west to east coast.. The water and mud is what kills the bushings since they aren't sealed.. If you only ride on dry dusty trails then they will probably last a while.. Around here 500 miles is pretty average.. I just order the oem ones online for a few bucks a piece.. 60-70 bucks will pretty much buy all of them..
Amen, I was getting ready to say the same thing about the east and west thing, I goes on all the time and kills me.
Two different worlds. My 2012 bushings were shot at 300 miles. I would love to see some people put 7000 miles on their machine around my neck of the woods and see how they hold up.

·
Registered
161 Posts
i just ordered set of Super Daves Derlin bushings and tubes , i know they are expencive, but if they 2x as long as the oem bushings it be great, i got over 3600 miles on my 2012 RZR 4 800, all dirt roads no mud,

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Something to keep in mind I had a buddy take some new oem pivot tubes to a machine shop and they made him some for the same price as the stock ones.. But they are much stronger steel.. He said the guy laughed when he seen the oem tubs.. He put one in a vice and ran a file across it.. It ground it away like it was plastic.. He then stuck a piece of the stuff he cut the new ones out of and did the same thing and it didn't scratch it.. He said the stock tubes are way to soft for what they are. I know on my XP if the pivot tubes are made from the same stuff as the 800s I won't use the oems when its time to replace them..

I have also heard good things about super Daves stuff..

·
Registered
6 Posts
On the pivot tubes what are they made of and what size diameter are they. I thought about making some out of stainless steel pipe when I have to change mine has anyone done this or can it be done without any side affects

·
Registered
9 Posts
The OEM tubes are a mild steel not sure what grade. I think stainless steel would be the way to go. Maybe a hardened surface applied to the OEM's would work?
Sorry, I don't have the ID or OD measurement of the tube.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
I have the Super Dave's on both the front and the rear of my 2012 S. I have a little over 200 miles on the machine since the install and the suspension is still very tight. Most of my riding involves some mud and water here in PA. After the Super Dave's install you cannot grease the suspension because the bushings are so tight that you cannot pump grease thru the zerk fitting. Super Dave does not recommend any grease be used.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts