Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm a long time customer of Sparks Racing. My first Sparks engine was a ATC200X done by Curtis in 1984 when he himself was a factory Honda ATC racer. Since that 1st one, I've had 263cc & 330cc TRX250R race engines & a TRX450R race engine. Currently I have an awesome YFZ450R with Sparks engine products. All of the work that Sparks has done for me in the past has been 1st class. The power, performance & reliability was always better then I could have hoped for & always better than his competitors. In all the years I was racing Sparks built engines I only had one engine failure & it was another manufacturers part that caused it. Curtis worked with that manufacturer & got the cost to replace & repair the whole thing for me. Now that I've got a 900XP4 & Sparks has products & complete engine kits for it there is no question that I want to run them. I've seen some posts on the forum here about Sparks XP performance & quality & it's right in line with my past experiences. The engine & power train of my 900XP4 is stone stock as of now. I'm not doing any organized racing, just mountain trails, desert, & dune playing. I want to run a set up that gives me both the performance & reliability I've always had with Sparks engines(I need to spank the other 10-12 guys with XPs in our group) but unlike before, I want to run on Premium Pump Gas instead of Race Fuel.
Please tell me what you have to set me up with what I'm looking for.
I look forward to hearing from & continuing doing business with Sparks Racing.
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
I'm a long time customer of Sparks Racing. My first Sparks engine was a ATC200X done by Curtis in 1984 when he himself was a factory Honda ATC racer. Since that 1st one, I've had 263cc & 330cc TRX250R race engines & a TRX450R race engine. Currently I have an awesome YFZ450R with Sparks engine products. All of the work that Sparks has done for me in the past has been 1st class. The power, performance & reliability was always better then I could have hoped for & always better than his competitors. In all the years I was racing Sparks built engines I only had one engine failure & it was another manufacturers part that caused it. Curtis worked with that manufacturer & got the cost to replace & repair the whole thing for me. Now that I've got a 900XP4 & Sparks has products & complete engine kits for it there is no question that I want to run them. I've seen some posts on the forum here about Sparks XP performance & quality & it's right in line with my past experiences. The engine & power train of my 900XP4 is stone stock as of now. I'm not doing any organized racing, just mountain trails, desert, & dune playing. I want to run a set up that gives me both the performance & reliability I've always had with Sparks engines(I need to spank the other 10-12 guys with XPs in our group) but unlike before, I want to run on Premium Pump Gas instead of Race Fuel.
Please tell me what you have to set me up with what I'm looking for.
I look forward to hearing from & continuing doing business with Sparks Racing.
Thanks in advance.
Thanks for the continued support, and we appreciate it very much. There are a couple of options for engine kits for the XP. The bolt-on kit we make is 935cc, and we make a 975cc kit which requires rods to be install which come with the kit. When we talk about big heavy 4-seat cars, we must consider what it will take to get that car moving. Both kits we offer are extremely reliable, and we have been running the legs off of them in all kinds for racing. We have not had a single failure, and some of these kits have A LOT of time on them. Our website can give you some insight about the cylinder kits. As for the cams and cylinder head, it will really depend on which kit you choose and what your preferred budget is.

Thanks,

Brandon

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brandon,
Thanks for the reply. I've looked over the website & have a good idea of what I want to run. I've got a few other questions too ask that will help me decide for sure. I'll give you guys a call to discuss everything. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.