Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have an xp 900 with a MCX turbo installed. So far, the turbo has given nothing but grief. The first weekend out I got into a little water and fried both Ecu's, the polaris and the mcx. Talking to MCX getting into water with the ecu should not affect it as long as the ecu is installed properly with the drain hole down so it can drain, which it was. So, after I got that all fixed I drove out for maybe 20 miles and all the sudden it would not run good at all. I have not got into the engine yet but have found it to have 175psi on one cylinder and nothing on the other. The piston seems to be fine so I am assuming its a valve issue. I will let update once I get into the engine. My question is is anyone having any good luck with the mcx kit on the xp? Is there anything I can do to make it better, HELP PLEASE!!!!! I had an mcx kit on a 800 and loved every minute of it, the 900 has been a complete hassle and regret!!!!

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Hi Emery,
I have replied to your email as I received it before knowing of this thread.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Trey

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Before you get to upset, I would let Trey from MCX help you first. They have great customer service. Trey is a smart individual that can help you with anything.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeh, I have now been in conversation with Trey, who seems to be definitely willing to help!! My ECU problem seems to be that I was misdirected by MCX in Prince George, Canada as he told us to not seal the box just have drain hole pointed down for it to drain. Trey has now told me in wet environments the box must be totally sealed. My other problem seems to be just a valve issue and I will know more tomorrow when it gets tore apart. I will be putting in different valve springs will keep everyone updated as I hope to god Know one has to go through the same hassle I am having!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I agree, Trey is extremely smart and will help get this dialed in. I have installed 9 of these kit so far and have nothing but positive results. I will be picking up another from him at the Sand Show this weekend. Good luck with your car, I hope your up and running soon!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts